Have you finished your holiday shopping? What did you buy?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Dec 17, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'm just curious. I finished my shopping a week or so ago. We don't buy for adults, just the nieces. I give away baked goods for holiday gifts to family and friends.

So, in our household, we celebrate Yule for me (Pagan) and Christmas for DH (Agnostic, raised Catholic). Until DH decides which path he'll chose to follow, we'll celebrate the extra holiday for him. I give necessities and practical, useful things for Yule. DH and the kids are granted 'wish' items for Christmas. So, we aren't really buying more, we're just dividing gifts I guess.

Here's what I got, it's small but will be enjoyed nonetheless.

Yule:
    Sons- 4 outfits each, 2 pairs of jammies each, new silverware with plates, new cups/sippies, new story books.
    DH- undergarments, new matching wedding bands from Ireland.

Christmas:
    Sons- 2 large toolboxes with extra tools, 2 large workbelt/hard hat/tool playsets, stockings with books, coloring sets, candy and other little goodies.
    DH- surround sound system and his stocking with books and candy.

I craft the nieces gifts every year:
    Sky & Amb - egg collecting aprons
    Chase - hand embroidered pillow cases and a sundress
    Des & Bri - hand tied fleece blankets

What did you all buy? [​IMG]

2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Wow, I haven't quite finished yet but here goes so far:-

Son (12 yrs) Toshiba laptop / Xbox 360 Elite / 5 Xbox games / Book on Cristiano Ronaldo / Leather wallet / clothes

Daughter (23yrs) Sat Nav system / wellington bag /moisturiser/ jewellery/large leather jewellery box (so far)

DH (Bless not much!) memory stick / webcam / face cream (he will laugh) wellington bag / lots of love and kisses

Lots of "other" family - too many to mention all bought for

Friends - all bought for

Gardener - cologne

Animals - more treats

Neighbours - Fresh eggs all dressed up as gifts (ie on plates with straw, then cellophaned and tied with ribbon.....)

Thats about it for now....

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I am only about half done with my shopping... Here is what I bought so far.

For my sister: a 4-6 person tent (we went camping with her last year and she didn't have her own)

For my brother: a knit snowmobile cap with a moose design on it (he loves all things moose); we're going to get him a PS3 game also but I'm not sure which yet

For my mom: an under-the-kitchen-cupboard CD player...she has wanted one of these for years...

For DH: a DVD, an electric blanket for his favorite spot on the couch, various video game things, etc. etc. (not done with shopping for him yet)

Did I mention I'm not done yet?

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I didn't really buy too much this year as I'm a poor College student (Not really poor, I just hate spending money!)

I did buy some things for my immediate family though.

Mom: Antique barrel wood candle holder. It's really neat, but hard to explain. It's a strip of barrel wood with holes cut in it for candle glasses. I could hardly believe they were selling it for only $22 at the craft market! I think I definitely got a steal with that one!

Dad: Boondock Saints DVD and The Quick and the Dead DVD

Brother: Knocked Up DVD

I also bought a few things for friends of mine. I bought a painting of taylor swift for my one guy friend (who is obsessed with her) and a drawing of parrots for another friend. Bought both of these pictures at a side vendor at an octoberfest. Both of them absolutely loved the pictures!

5. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I quit while I was ahead and haven't bought anything yet.

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I'm a guy... I can't start shopping until Dec. 23rd, its an unwritten law!

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I wish I could say I am done, but I am no where near done. [​IMG]

8. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i got my eldest a bb gun, set of books, and a video game
    my second, a bunch of books, just like he wanted
    3rd got a black mesa mug, video game, and a chemistry set
    4th son got a toy gun, 2 book sets and something else?
    5ht boy got a toy gun, set of army men,a huge set of books
    girlie got a doll, toy kitchen from craigslist and a stick horse
    santa brought the older boys video games, and the girl a breyer horse toy thingie from atwoods.
    it was all bought from ebay and atwoods haha!
    i am waiting on my present..a vintage light up tree that has a music box in it!!! im guessing it will arrive the day after christmas [​IMG]

9. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

i was done before [​IMG] i started .
    no money this year , just hoping for a happy healthy holiday season for dh and myself and all of our critters.

ps, wish someone would gift me about 20 round bales of hay delivered to my barn door !!!! LOL

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Me too, I was also done before I started! Sending everyone warm holiday wishes though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by