1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you guys ever noticed...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Year of the Rooster, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Have you guys ever noticed that on day-old Golden Sebright chicks, that the roosters tend to have more gold on their heads? This happened to me. I had two with alot more gold on their head and one with slightly more than the others. The rest had very little gold around their eyes and beak area. The ones with more gold are roosters, and the ones with less are hens. They are 7 weeks old now and I can surely tell. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have 3 seabright chicks that are all pullets, they have pretty dark heads, almost no gold on them, and they are around 9 weeks or so.

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:I'm sorry, I must not have been clear enough. I meant when they were day-old chicks. Sorry if I was unclear about that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by