Have you heard of Blue Amera-lusion?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by seeyathea, May 17, 2011.

1. seeyathea

seeyathea Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Surprise! My son picked out the two fuzziest, grayist, smallest chicks in the bunch. I'm betting they are too young to identify by their pics so I will post those later. The farmer called them Blue Ameralusions. Have you ever heard of such a chicken?

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Maybe blue andulasians?

3. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
  4. seeyathea

May 17, 2011
    [​IMG]

I bet you guys are right about them being Blue Andalusians. It's kinda hard to tell. He guessed them to be betwen three and five days old on Saturday. One is getting lighter and the other is turning dark on its body. I don't really care what kind of chicks they are but I did get worried when i couldn't find anything about "Ameralasians" anywhere. Thanks!

5. seeyathea

May 17, 2011
    i guess the red tub and the red heat lamp turned them kinda pink in the picture [​IMG]

6. Sparkalator

Sparkalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    Florida
    Maybe a cross of Americana and Blue Andalusians (sp?) ?

7. seeyathea

May 17, 2011
    Maybe a cross of Americana and Blue Andalusians (sp?) ?

that's kind of what i wondered. Is it okay to cross breed and give the newbies any name you like?[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  8. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:that's kind of what i wondered. Is it okay to cross breed and give the newbies any name you like?[​IMG]

No, it generally causes a lot of confusion. It's better to say Breed (roo) X breed (hen). Or mutt.

They look like andalusians to me.

9. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I have 3 blue andy's and the chick on the left doesn't look like mine did, my splash was a yellow white chick, my blue was a greyish blue chicks and my black was a dark blue black chick.

[​IMG]

this is the only pic i have of them all together, my blue andy's on the chicks in the middle of the pile the splash is the pale one, the blue is the greyish one onthe top of the pile and the black one is the one the grey chicks head is on

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by