Have You Heard Of Egg Heat Treating? For Incubation

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jm93030, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    there is this site whitehousequail.com
    where I found about heat treating the eggs

Heat TreatmentAnother one of our quail raising techniques that sets us above the rest is called Heat Treatment.
    Heat treatment is a process which we can put eggs through to improve odds of hatching after they are shipped.
    The process is roughly:
    1. Bring the eggs to incubation temperatre
    2. Advance the embryos to a more hardy stage
    3. Bring down to below room temperature so they are trapped in this stage of development.

2. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

i'd read that on their site too but have NO clue about it.Hope someone knows more and responds.

3. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Almost sounds like deformities waiting to happen to me when I have been hatching/ incubating and my bator got cold then turned back on My hatch rate was not as good as when the bator stayed the same temp the whole hatch . For shipped quail eggs I have always ran 50-70% hatch rate anything over 50% on shipped eggs I am thankful for try shipped silkies or seramas sometimes LOL the closer they are shipped from the better the hatch rate!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It depends on when the eggs cool, if they are very early in development it will make them go dormant. There's a thread on this over in the incubating and hatching forum, someone was going to test it. I don't know how it turned out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by