Have you heard, roosters are not chickens

jjthink

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 17, 2007
New Jersey
Unfortunately, New Jersey's radio station with the strongest signal is also the most idiotic station to ever consume the airwaves. The hosts never trouble themselves with the facts and they spread misinformation far and wide on a multitude of topics to a tremendously gullible listener-ship. Their signal is so strong you can hear them loud and clear well into other states
sad.png

One of today's topics was chickens. I wasn't able to listen to the entire insane program, only catching part of it on the road between 2 meeting locations (I force myself to tune in for short spells to see what damage they're doing:rant). "Facts" given out today:

There are chickens and there are roosters. Roosters are not chickens. Roosters are a completely different kind of animal. Only chickens are eaten, never roosters. Indeed, you can't eat them (being a vegetarian who adores her roo, I'm not complaining, mind you, but the factual inaccuracies of this station never cease to amaze me, combined with the rather stunning lack of understanding in general amongst humans about basic chicken stuff). Some folks calling in to talk on the air said - with hesitation - that they thought a roo was a male chicken but the host told them in no uncertain terms that they were wrong.

So there you have it - no wonder people don't get it right, what with self-appointed "authoritative" talk shows confusing the populace! I have a hen and a roo and have overheard people telling others that I have a chicken and a rooster
hu.gif
I've explained that a hen is a girl chicken and a roo is a boy chicken - but for some reason it doesn't stick!I I'll hear that same person subsequently again describe my feathered friends as a chicken and a rooster
idunno.gif
Funny planet sometimes.

JJ

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I'm dying here- LOL I could totally see that as I have had simular experiences skippin past that station now and again...........
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif

101.5 FM
www.nj1015.com

This station could not be less interested in facts. It is a delicious thought - the idea of them receiving chicken facts 8,000 times!
smile.png

Despite the utter annoyance that comes with tuning into this station, I wish I had been able to hear the entire program (I think the chicken talk went on for a whole hour!) because I'm sure there were other chicken "facts" they espoused that need dispelling! It would have been helpful to know if they went on to say chickens have no feelings, can't think, etc. - I can imagine the things they would have said, but don't know for sure if they did.

Anyway, their utter disdain for researching their topics is what is disgraceful. With the internet, it would only take minutes to research just about anything. They have a large audience and abuse with abandon their power/influence. The chicken thing has no ramifications really, but is an example of how uninformed they are and insist on being!
JJ

"I hate to inform you, but on one of your shows, you mentioned that Roosters are not chickens. Well, as a breeder and poultry showman of 8 years, that is a surprise to me. I would highly suggest doing a 5 minute google search before spewing off a bunch of random, incorrect, blather again on your radio show.

-Sarah"
Tis my email!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom