1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you hugged a duck today?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kurtjackieprovost, Aug 16, 2011.

1. kurtjackieprovost

kurtjackieprovost Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    I am going to confess a secret to you . Please keep it amongst yourselves.[​IMG] I trust in you all because you too are duck owners. [​IMG] I have 6 ducks that I take out of the duck house every morning and every evening I put 6 ducks to bed. I hug [​IMG] everyone of them and rub there soft, silky, fuzzy squishy bellies, nuzzle my nose into the backs of their necks and I smile.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    i just became mom to two scovy ducklings and can't cuddle with them enough! i'm in love with their cute little fuzzy butts [​IMG] every time i put them away i snuggle one last time and nuzzle their cute little faces. glad i'm not the only one [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    You sound like you feel like you are doing something wrong... nothing wrong with cuddling a duck - nothing at all. I was runing late for work this morning but just had to stop a moment by the brooder and give one particular current favorite duckling I have a quick cuddle.

I cuddle all my babies every day- and handle the adults as often as possible too- for some it may only be once a week as a health and conditon check- but for others it means being brought inside the house for a bath or to sit down in the lounge room for a while.

I do get scoffed at a little when selling my ducks- I always give them a last kiss on the beak and a hug as I wish them a happy life in their new home. Not so much when selling from home- but at an aution in public it can sometimes be a little embarrasing. But it really is only something a person who has carefully watched an egg in the incubator for 28 days then talked to the duckling as it tries to hatch- and thn cared for it for weeks... staying up late at night just to watch their funny antics in the the brooders.

4. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

i am a mother to a baby cayuga its so dang adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:i treat my little babies like that.... i cuddle and walk around with them in my shirt and watch tv with them snuggled under my chin all day long [​IMG]. may be silly but i even got baby duck diapers for when they get older so i can continue bringing them in the house without all the mess [​IMG] my boyfriend thinks i'm silly for loving these little guys so much... glad there are other duck lovers that share the same companionship with their little duckies or i might start to think i'm silly too [​IMG]

6. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    Ducks=Quacking and "rhabbing", messy, plushy, cuddly, demanding, puffs of joy. =my life. How could you not hug one.[​IMG]

7. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    DH thinks we've all lost our minds [​IMG]

I, too, cuddle, snuggle, and kiss my ducks before they are put to bed [​IMG] And a good ole' chest scratch in the morning when they wake up before I let them out to play in the yard before I head off to work! I just don't see who would want it to be any other way!

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I agree, I love all my ducks and try to cuddle with them often, but my newest duckling who isn't so small anymore is my all time cuddler him and I are bestest friends. [​IMG]

9. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:I know that's a fact! [​IMG]

10. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:That's it, I can't take it, I'm going to go run and tell... [​IMG] [​IMG]

I was just looking at one of those cute squishy bellies last night, wondering how they can keep it so white when they make such a mess!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by