1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you looked up your old classmates on facebook ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ol'FashionHen, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    OH MY WORD !!!!! I just recently signed up on facebook, no info. just an account, I'm still not for sure if I want put myself out there, but I searched for my old classmates in the highschool classmates section and [​IMG] some people I don't even recognize, even my own cousin that I have not seen in 8 years that moved to Florida [​IMG] .. seriously if I were to see her in public ... nothing...would not know her from Adam. And some guys [​IMG] , they look like their dads, I was just in awe looking at everybodies pics. Some people look the same, or have the same sense of humor in their pictures, and folks are skinnier or heavier (myself included [​IMG]). Have any of you looked up old classmates or have an account there, and if so do you get friend requests from past friends that are past friends for a reason [​IMG], just curious with y'all's experience there?

edited to add ifo.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    OHHH yes! I got a FB account about 8 months ago have reconnected with old high school and some college friends. Its been fun!

3. fowler_chick

fowler_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    South Western Kansas
    i have some classmates on my facebook....some have never changed (being in to them selfs) and some have turned out like you thought they wouldn't.

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I too have reconnected with old high school & college friends. It's been really nice. My high school had a totally 80's reunion last month for everyone who graduated in the '80's I had planned to go but had some conflict. But when I was making plans I thought it was kinda cool that I'd see some folks I recognized.
    Even better, I'm already friends with some spouses of H.S. friends and I've never met their spouses! We just friended each other as well, and then got to know each other on games and such.

I only 'friend' if I know who someone is for SURE, and if they're friends with another friend for confirmation. I have some BYC friends on FB, but if they didn't mention BYC in the request I didn't 'friend' them.

Have to say, I like FB way more than I expected to!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ken did and he has found about 7 people he used to hang out with and cause trouble. [​IMG]

6. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    All these years, I wondered "Why am I the only one still in town?" I never ran into anyone I knew anywhere, except people from current associations.
    Well, I skimmed through facebook and saw photos of the kids from grade school and high school, and many of them implied they still lived here. Looking at their photo, I thought "No wonder I never recognize anyone!" Some still look really good, but I still wouldn't have recognized them. Others have become mommified or daddified, like me, so no longer look like kids. You know, they look like they're one second away from strangling someone. That's me, anyways.

I don't understand the facebook thing, still. I don't spend much time on there. It's sort of depressing, to be honest.

7. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    I only went to High School for my freshman and part of my sophmore year ( I quit and received my GED ), I was always mature for my age, so I was always nice to everyone, never was in any cliques cause I thought they were stupid, but I got along with everybody, hung out with all kinds of different people (except for the girl whose boyfriend broke up with her to go out with me ... and her friends [​IMG] .. not my fault). Anyway I seen a girl from my class (who is still a drama queen) right before our upcoming reunion about three years ago and she wanted my address to send me an invite to the reunion. I told her I did not graduate with everyone else and she said "well we know but lots of people ask about you and I know they want to know how you are doing" etc. So I gave her my addy, now I was not going for $80 per person to attend the reunion and no one else wanted to either, so they called it off. So I dodged that bullet. I may do a friend request to my cousin though, just still scared too with everyone else [​IMG]. I've become really shy and stumpted for words in my years [​IMG].
    It's hard to find people my age interested in the same things as me, they still want to party , my idea of a party is a good movie, pizza and ice cream [​IMG] or playing card/board games. I get along better with folks 15+ years older than me.

8. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Oh yea, I have a facebook. I've connected with my friends from 30 years ago....and like you, some I wouldn't know if I passed them on the street. [​IMG]

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Yep and lovin it! Almost 1/2 of our graduating class is there. Its like a cyber-reunion [​IMG]

10. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Yes, and it has been fun to reconnect with people from my past. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by