Have You Lost Something? Try This!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lunachick, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    My Grandmother gave me a silver thimble, and I used to keep it in my jewelry box - I thought. I went looking for it and for weeks couldn't find it.

I read this in Fate magazine: take a drinking glass out of your cupboard and turn in UPSIDE down on the counter (or someplace safe that no one will put it back in the sink) And say to yourself what item you want found.

Well I tried it, and put the glass in my sewing room. A couple of days later I went in the room to get my scissors and I glanced over to the glass and thought Oh yeah the glass....and not only was my thimble on the table by my machine there was an extra thimble there! I got so excited!!

It would be interesting to see if it works for others too! You have to be genuine about it though. Let me know if it works!

2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I will try this Luna I lost a gold bracelet my Dh bought me in the garden about 7 years ago.....hope it works for me...

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I've tried a variation on this that works quite well.

the glass is place on the counter in the upright position.

Fill to 1/3rd full with wine, red or white makes no difference.

Drink the contents of the glass.

Use metal detector to find lost object.

worked great for me.

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:[​IMG] I don't have a metal detector, but I'd drink the wine and use the upside down glass. Hope you feel better RR. [​IMG]

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:[​IMG] I don't have a metal detector, but I'd drink the wine and use the upside down glass. Hope you feel better RR. [​IMG]

Cool thing about this method is that if it doesn't work the first time, just repeat.

You'll either find what you are looking for, or have enough wine so that you don't care anymore. [​IMG]

Sorry for taking this a little off topic.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  6. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA

Cool thing about this method is that if it doesn't work the first time, just repeat.

You'll either find what you are looking for, or have enough wine so that you don't care anymore. [​IMG]

Yea that last part is what would work for me!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  7. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Who was is that lost their teeth & still hasn't found them? We should make sure she gets this - couldn't hurt! [​IMG]

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Sounds interesting....I cant think of anythin I have lost. Well....will it help me find my mind!?? [​IMG] Oh, better not, I would FREAK if I came in later to find a brain of some sort on the counter.[​IMG]

9. does it help you to lose something? I have a DIL I would dearly love to lose , Perfectible on a desert island with nothing but her. AND I AM SERIOUS. marrie

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    LOL! I've heard of something like this before. I have never had the chance to try it yet though. I'll have to remember next time I misplace something!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by