Have you named your "farm"?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by equally yolked, Jan 27, 2016.

1. equally yolked

equally yolked New Egg

Oct 25, 2015
    We have named our farm but we're so small I wonder if it's just silly to do so? We have a flock of 17 (13 hens) and sell eggs. What do you think?

2. Jkraft

Jkraft Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2015
    Willow Springs, NC
    I say Go for it!!! No hurt doing it.[​IMG]

I watched a show called Coop Dreams where they went to a person's house who had around 20 chickens maybe more and they named their small farm. They even sold t-shirts and hats with the name. If anything it's for you and I think it's great idea. I wanna come up with a name for my farm of 4 hens and 2 quail. l don't plan on selling eggs but like to give them away for holidays, and bring fresh eggs to a elderly couple I care for. I thought about buying a few egg cartons and putting a nice stamp on them.

What's the name?[​IMG]

3. equally yolked

equally yolked New Egg

Oct 25, 2015
    We call it Equally Yolked Farm. The bible tells us to be equally yoked in marriage and just thought it would be cute to make a little pun from that.
    I like the idea of tshirts and stuff, even if it's just for our family.
    Do you have any ideas for a name for yours?

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    EY, I love the name of your little farm. I think that's awesome. All I do is sell eggs, and occasionally provide chicks. But, I have aspirations! Have put in a mini fruit orchard, want to get involved in making my own salves. I may or may not ever sell to the public, but, just for my own fun, I call my "farm" the "Little Town Farm". It's a play on words both for my location and my last name.

5. equally yolked

equally yolked New Egg

Oct 25, 2015
    The fruit orchard sounds great! And I like your farm name [​IMG]
    We definitely have some aspirations as well. Looking for about 20 acres to raise our own meat and looking forward to a large garden this year. Like you, it's primarily for our own consumption but I think we're going to participate in our town's farmers market this summer. Hope to get to know some more people [​IMG]

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Love the name and the reference!

We've loosely called our place the Circle Lazy B for years (last name is Bell). I'd love to have a little brand type logo made up, but a lazy B in brand-type (on it's back) just looks like boobs to me [​IMG]. Not exactly the image I want to put out there.....once I get things going with selling more birds, I'd like to have someone do me a graphic image of an insect bee, kicking back in a lounge chair with a glass of tea or something....a Lazy Bee....I think that would be cute.

7. equally yolked

equally yolked New Egg

Oct 25, 2015
    Donrae, it is a cute idea for the lazy bee! I say go for it!

8. Vickie 51

Vickie 51 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2012
    We named our's "Feathered Farm". We have only five birds but it is a farm to us.

9. Jkraft

May 25, 2015
    Willow Springs, NC
    I love the name! [​IMG] I haven't come up with a name yet. I was thinking about keeping it simple and keeping to my last name, Kraft Chicken Farm or something like that but your name and other members names is inspiring. I will have to think about it more.

10. Jkraft

May 25, 2015
    Willow Springs, NC
    I love that!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by