Have you seen egganic industries new Coop?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, Jul 13, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Crickey, it looks like a prison coop not a hen coop.........

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OMG.........they fenced in a garbage can and want to sell it for $500 [​IMG]

4. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't believe these people made a business decision to create and advertise a product that is intended to break a law. [​IMG]

This is an intentional attempt to deceive - not good if you have to go up against your local anti-chicken bylaws. If someone buys this thing, and used it in a situation where chickens are forbidden, and they get caught, and someone brings this website to the attention of the local authorities – trust me, that chicken owner has no chance of prevailing.

I don't think this really helps people who want to own chickens but can't in these situations.

Plus - I agree 100% with English Chick - it looks like a jail (or a compost bin.)

~Phyllis

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    They wouldn't have made it if there weren't a market for it.

A prison condo for naughty hens.[​IMG]

Cudos.

6. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    It is so small! I look at that and say, "THREE hens?" "Where?" It reminds me of a roaster, or a smoker. My husbands smokehouse is about that size.

My chickens are illegal too. However, I would think getting caught with them in something that looks like a trashcan would get me in more trouble than keeping them the way I am doing.

7. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Actually - if I sounded like was also criticizing people who have chickens illegally I didn’t mean to so I apologize if came off that way! That's a personal decision as far I'm concerned.

What I find really interesting though is that these folks made this type of business decision.

~Phyllis

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    The price amazed me too. 500$ how do they justify this I am pretty sure there is no more than 40-50$ inmaterial. even the eggloo looks better. cant imagine somebody shelling that much money out for something that ugly.

9. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Would make a good quarantine coop, or breeding coop for a trio of bantums, I suppose....

Not for 500 bucks though... might pay $150 if I didn't know any better.

For $500 I'd much rather have an eglu!

Heck, for $500 you can get an 8x10 'in stock' DIY wooden storage building, and keep 3 chickens cooped in there 24x7 and they'd have a lot more room to move around and no body would ever know you had chickens...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  10. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Pretty cool idea. I give them props for it
    It looks pretty small for even one chicken, though.
    And $500? I dont think so.
    But all in all, its innovative and well thought out from an engineering perspective. I predict it will do well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by