HAVE YOU TRIED FROZEN EGGS?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by msrma7670, May 15, 2008.

1. msrma7670

msrma7670 Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone frozen eggs before? Uncooked? Cooked? And more importantly how have they tasted on the table.
    Very curious on this matter and any experiances of yours I would like to know about.

Thanks
    mike and shannon

2. jessica117

jessica117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    SE Tennessee
    I have never tried it but I was told I could crack open the eggs into an ice cube tray and freeze them. Once frozen, pop them out and seal in a freezer bag. In theory I would say it would work, but like I said, never tried it.

Jess

3. nicks chicks 1

nicks chicks 1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2008
    missouri
    to keep the yolks or whole eggs from getting gummy,add sugar or salt to them depending on how you are going to use them.

4. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    In the Backyard Poultry magazine (April/May edition) there is an article on feezing eggs---whole, whites, yolks, hardcooked, and how to use. It's on page 32.

5. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Joy of Cooking also talks about freezing eggs.

6. msrma7670

Are they worth cooking with?

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    missouri chick...hello...how would i get the back issue of that magazine you metioned?...thanks, Wendy

8. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

i have tried to freaze an egg... it turned more into slush than solid ice..

9. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

WE have but we do not put them in an ice tray. I take and crack three eggs into a freezer ziplock bag. I do three at a time because that is usually what most cake recipes calls for. So far we have not had any ill effects but we only leave them there for a short time. I have not tried them plain or anything else but only for breads and cakes. Hope this helps

10. msrma7670

My wife has thought about doing that for cooking. Does it taste any diffrent? Are they harder to cook with?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by