1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you witnessed a paranormal occurence??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bantymum, Oct 31, 2007.

1. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi , Happy halloween.
    Thought id start a new thread so as not to hijack the susquatch thread in Pests section!!

I have a very open mind to paranormal trivia or whatever you call it!!!

I was first on the scene to a man running petrified from a walking track saying he had just seen a huge black cat, the farmer that owned the adjoining property certainly took it seriously when he heard about the sighting, he had unexplained cow carcasses and sent out a hunting party that night. The cat was spotted in a huge tree along the river bank. Though no one else saw him but he did leave some rather nice footprints behind!

I saw a UFO, triangle, low flying, silent and very fast, actually there were 2 together, 1 just behind the other to his right, Ed, my partner also saw this, thank goodness,
    We reported this to the ufo hotline and got a phone bill for $25.00 for our trouble!
    Its a really special memory for the 2 of us.

I saw the back end of an unidentified animal which was the height of a shetland pony with stripes just on its rump, it was brown..
    It ran off into the thick bush and left really good prints at a waterhole nearby. My girlfriend and I tried to scrape a print off to take back to her dad to show him, he owned a zoo!!
    but we didnt have a sharp enough blade, so i wrecked every print, she said that he went back days later and did
    manage to get one, no Id as yet.

I was also thrown into my bathtub very violently from a push to my back and shoulder from mr or mrs nobody!!!!
    Sorry for long thread but ive had too many things happen to me!!!
    Who else has some paranormal stories??

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  2. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    the only thing i have to offer is that i think there was someone/something in my DH's house that he had before we got married. many times i would hear someone walk down the hall and i would start talking assuming it was my hubby, only to find no one there. once i was out on the back porch soaking up some sun whilst going thru some paperwork and i heard someone out there, i said 'oh honey you're home' but turned around, no one there.

i'm not a nut in general (at least i hope not!). and that house was quite small so i don't think that it was DH or anyone else sneaking/hiding, i think someone was there haunting it. we did quite a bit of renovating there and the new owners have done even more, who knows what that stirred up. on the bright side the new owners are ministers so if its haunted, they're the right folks to address the matter. [​IMG]

3. bantymum

Actually im not sure if this is paranormal but:
    My cat just bought a mouse inside which he let go of.
    The mouse ran around the bathroom with the cat chasing it, I locked the cat out and put my gloves on and tried to catch him so I could put him wayyyy down the back away from harm., lol.
    Anyway, he ran up my trouser leg, im wearing tracky pants with flare leg, so I shook my leg and out he dropped , i picked him up and took him for a walk and let him go on his merry way!! Ill bet he has a story to tell his mum!!
    I think that there are a few paranormal issues here!!!

4. bantymum

Yes I believe in spirits too.
    I stayed overnight at a friends once and the bathroom light kept coming on and waking me up as I could see the doorway from my bed.
    I waited to say hello to whoever was up in the wee hours! pardon the pun!
    Anyway, no one was there so I turned the light off and went back to bed really confused but 1/2 asleep, then it happened again twice that night. Im never going back there.

5. southernsibe

southernsibe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2007
    Lanexa, Virginia
    Personally I think most everyone has witnessed something paranormal, they simply don't want to acknowledge it. Therefore they find a way to rationalize it to themselves in order to maintain their safe "normal" world. In my own experience, most, Most, things that happen are benign and not meant to scare, or maybe even meant to engage the person that is there to witness it.
    Just my 0.02
    Rachel

6. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    When I was very young around 15 I saw the ghost of a former friend of the family. He had committed suicide. I saw him very briefly standing at the top of the stairs of my grandparents house. I have seen what I thought was ufo's, they appeared to be globs of lights moving very fast and erractically up in the sky. Alot of ufo's have been sighted over Lake Michigan, my grandparents have stated they have seen them over Lake Michigan. This is strange cause they were very religous people too.

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    There was another thread about this a while back so I just copied the post I made on that one:

Me and my boyfriend, Danny (DH now) were living in an apartment building that was once a cotton mill built in 1909. A friend of mine came over and we desided to go into my room and play with my weegee board. Danny wasn't home at the time.

We asked the ghost what his name was, he said Tim Edenfield. He told us he died while working at the cotton mill. We asked him what he was doing here and he said "I'm just trying to help" . And that was it.

Now, I didn't move that weegee thing and neither did my friend because she was crying over it and left my apartment still in tears 2 hours later.

About a month goes by and I had never told Danny about weegee experience. We were in bed asleep and I felt breathing on my face. I opened my eyes and Danny was an inch from my face with his eyes wide open. I said "WHAT are you doing?" and he said "I'm just trying to help" . He then rolled over facing away from me. I shook him and kept saying "what did you say, what did you just say?" He WOKE UP and said "I didn't say anything I'm freakin trying to sleep, leave me alone."

He still to this day can not remember ever saying anything that night.

We lived in that apartment for about 1 more year after that and in that year Danny was tormented by Tim Edenfield. Danny would scream in his sleep and I would wake up and turn on the light to find Danny with an invisible force holding him down to the mattress. Danny would see demons looking at him on the ceiling. the light would turn off when you were in the bathroom. Our covers would get thrown across the bedroom in the middle of the night. To many other things to list.

My grandma was visiting from TN and went into my bathroom. She came out a couple of minutes later and said Tim has gone to the light and he will not bother Danny again. And she was right. We haven't heard from Tim in 3 years.

8. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    I've never had an experience with UFOs but my husband has. When I hear the word paranormal I think GHOSTLY!
    Now ghost are something I have experience with. From an early age(even earlier than I remember-have been told) I have had "sightings". BUT-I usually do not share too many of them-people tend to think your nuts-really!
    Where we currently live-we have at least 2 ghost. One is a regular and one occasional. Our house was built in the early 1800s as a one room school house. Just like little house on the prairie. Then used as a hospital/clinic for injured soldiers during the war. Then turned into a residence for an elderly lady(she is the ghost I've seen and felt on more than one occasion.) I have also witnessed a soldier in gray with bandages.
    Things have happened to others in our house as well-not just me the- crazy chicken lady. lol
    We go though periods of quiet-thinking she's gone-only to find she's just been minding her own business for a time. No harm has been done.
    If you don't count the time "no one" tried to drown me in the shower. I was washing my hair when I felt someone(I had my eyes closed and head back under the water)someone put their hand into my hair, grabbed a handful, and pulled my entire head under the water. I thought it was my husband. When I quit spitting water, and opened my eyes-no one was there. Bathroom door still closed, and husband still in the recliner. AND I certainly did not imagine that!
    Showering has NOT been the same since!!! No explanation-I've tried to determine what could have done this-but there is no logical explanation.
    Her name is Eva, and as long as she behaves she's welcome-I think!

9. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Once a long time ago, I was crossing the Mississippi sounds on a very stormy night. The wind was howling like a banshee. The lightning was flashing all around and the clouds were lighting up like huge gray ghosts swollen with anger! The tow was rocking this way and that, cables were snapping and popping. The crew was down stairs huddled in the galley drinking coffee and worrying about what might befall us during this horrible widow making sou'easter. I was alone in the pilot house with nothing but my apprehension to keep me company. Waves were crashing over the bulworks and decks. Everything that was not tied down had been washed overboard. I was beginning to think that we would not make it across in one piece! All of a sudden something or someone snuck up and pooped in my pants. Other than that, no I have not had a paranormal experience. [​IMG]

Randy

10. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    My house is haunted, we think by a boy that was killed on our street by the women that lived across the street. She was an alcoholic(from a very prominent family) and she live the house alone her whole life and just recently died there. Her family would come often and drive her places because she vowed to never drive again after the accident. Not sure if our house has that same kid since the house next door, where the art history professor lives is haunted too. He says that his ghost is a little girl.

Anyhow, we have all kinds of mischievous things happen here; switches on wall sconces turn off, blinds open right after you close them and turn your back, I've heard the voice of a child once when I house sat before I bought the house(a friend of mine owned it), things disappear, sometimes found later, sometimes never found, had a few small glass things thrown(I've seen it with my own eyes!) and broken. Had garden ornaments turned over and moved(doesn't help that they are old African totems and skeletal figure!), I've gotten the feeling of being watched many times and have turned around to nothing, we had a lawn sprinkler that, I kid you not, would always be found unscrewed and laid over on it's side. My husband would screw it back in and make sure it was really tight and, lo and behold, it would be unscrewed again always laying on its side on the same side! We couldn't quite attribute it to the kids because I think they would have taken the sprinkler head long ago. Weird!

My friend, Bill, who owned the house for 12 years before me had a paranormal experience in the house when he first moved in. When he moved in he only had three pieces of furniture and a dog and a cat. He was sleeping in the master BD and was awakened by what he described as the cabinet/pantry door opening and slamming shut. He attributed it to the cat even though he didn't quite think the cat was capable of slamming the pantry door so he tried to get up and investigate and just as he was about to rise, he said he felt something holding his head/forehead down and he couldn't move(Thanks for telling me after the fact, Bill!!!). Well, if you knew Bill, he's is super laid back and he just said out loud, "I don't care who or what you are, just leave me the heck alone, I want to go back to sleep!" and he NEVER had another experience in 12 years.

For the last couple of years not much has happened that is noticeable, thank God for that. I'd really be bothered if my two kids(3 and 4) had any paranormal experiences(I've seen too many of the Discovery Channel's A Haunting!!)! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by