Haven't a clue ... maybe you do.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LilMissClucky, May 18, 2009.

1. LilMissClucky

LilMissClucky New Egg

May 1, 2009
    Lynn
    I am a first time chicken owner, or shall I say this is the first time I have ever been own by chickens. I got these precious babes for Mother's Day and all I can definitely say about them is that they are chicks. I have tried my utmost to figure out what they are (breed,sex,age) but have only managed to confuse myself more! Any help would be greatly apprecited.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. noitulover

noitulover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    the first chick (black and yellow-ish) might be a black australorp...

the picture of the bantam with the golden/red head and face and black body, with white on the chest and gold/black wings, is an golden sebright. (absolutely beautiful!)

not sure of the next pics..

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

definitely a seabright on the top right, I have a pair that are 3 weeks old.
    The very bottom pic, chick on the right, the black bantam, I have one too and he is my mystery chick. I hope you get an answer so I know what he is too!

4. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Black australorp in the first, iam pretty darn certain. Mine looked JUST like that.

Not sure about the next one, the next two after that, they all look like buff orpingtons to me, but what do I know.

Not so sure abuot the others. Maybe EE's and some marans?

They all look like theyre various ages, between one and three weeks is my guess... lol.

5. LilMissClucky

LilMissClucky New Egg

May 1, 2009
    Lynn
    Thanks so much. I kinda thought australorp on the first one too. Pic #2 and #3 I had no clue what they are. Pic #4 I thought might be a buff opington. Pic #5 the chicks have a funny kinda gray green legs on them and one of the chicks in #6 has black legs.

Off to research the golden sebright. Thanks for your help![​IMG]

6. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Hi
    #2 is a Golden Seabright
    #3 look like my Buff brahama if they have feathers on feet???
    #5 is Silver Seabrights I have 2 of those
    and the other I dont know

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  7. LilMissClucky

LilMissClucky New Egg

May 1, 2009
    Lynn
    Nope Nettie, no feathery feet. Aside from being pretty are sebrights nice? Since you have some what are they like ... are they moody or sweet? I read that they have little bitty eggs and no meat but are good show chickens ... is that true?

8. Cackling Hen

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    LilMissClucky
    Seabrights are kind flighty and takes awhile for them to get use to you
    There are true chickens lol... Run away from me all the time Yes little eggs and NOT good meat birds at all there tiny Great show birds though and they are very catching to to eye.... Here is a pic of my 2
    [​IMG]

9. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Your #5 chickies could be silver sebrights, but they could also be silver-spangled hamburgs.

10. Cackling Hen

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Quote:I agree i was looking at them closer and the second one looks kinda different the the first one????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by