Haven't been on here forever

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kanna, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Kanna

Kanna New Egg

Oct 5, 2010
    Hi. I don't know anyone here, but I joined a LONG time ago when I got my first chick. I posted a couple stuff relating to how I had trouble with housing my chicken. Sadly after that I stopped coming. It's been a long time, but this is my story. She couldn't live with me anymore so my grandparents took her in, but brought her back after the other chickens kept picking on her. It was so sad to see her. She was so quiet and still. As she grew older, she became overweight and couldn't even walk. This was my fault. My grandparents gave me another baby chick to befriend Kanna, but then due to my carelessness he died in my hands. I cried all night. Because Kanna wasn't doing too well, my grandparents took her again when she was an adult. She died soon after from obesity. I was torn. So that's what happened to me while away. I'm not going to come here and I'm never going to hurt another chicken in my life again. So, that's my story. Good bye, I won't be coming back because I don't have a chicken anymore.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Accidents happen. You shouldn't beat yourself over this. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this [​IMG]. Many of our members are chicken less. We would love for you stay but we understand if you choose not to.

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Don't let one sad experience repel you from chickens forever! Many of us have lost chickens, many our favorites. You should try them again, and get 2 or 3 instead of just 1. They need friends, like people need friends; they'll be happier.

4. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, plenty of BYCers have had their run in with bad chicken luck. I am certainly no exception, it is really hard losing dear pets. But if you learned from it, all is not lost. Just because you don't have a chicken (or chickens) doesn't mean you can't be on here. I started out on here with zero chickens for quite some time, just reading (and of course posting on Random Ramblings LOL!). Now I have 50+ and still post on here when I get the chance. Your chicken might have had something genetically wrong with her, or could be like a meat bird, not destined for long life. Hope you feel better....[​IMG]

5. sillychicken99

sillychicken99 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    Oregon
    you poor girl [​IMG]

6. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Chickens are community animals, and prefer the outside, where life is exciting. From my experience, chickens recognize you as a food giver, nothing more. They aren't going to choose you to pal around with, over one of their buddies.

Don't be disheartened by your failure...Learn from it, and don't make the same mistakes twice.

7. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Everyone should have a chicken, do not give up on them, failure is how we learn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by