1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Having a panic attack= Incubator seems to have quit working (heating element) eggs are due to hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wabbit1964, Apr 19, 2016.

1. wabbit1964

wabbit1964 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2013
    Maine
    My Coop
    Having a panic attack= Incubator seems to have quit working (heating element) eggs are due to hatch! UGH

No $ to run to TSC and buy another incubator today.. I have 1 incubator with duck/turkey eggs due in May and 1 with chicken eggs due 4/26 and turkeys 5/6... No room at the inn...

HELP?? What would you do???

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    My students just built a simple incubator and it appears to be working. A styrofoam ice chest-small plastic panel for window; could be glass-a fixture that can be mounted in a hole cut through the top-25 watt light bulb-ten holes (punched in the top to control the temperature) covered with duct tape-We have just one hole covered the others are open.

3. wabbit1964

wabbit1964 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2013
    Maine
    My Coop
    Thanks for the reply. I suppose meanwhile I could do my best to keep the eggs/incubator warm with warm rice packs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by