Having a tough time of it...

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Fierlin1182, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Ploughing on steadily through life.
    I've just found out that I probably won't be able to get the career I really want and have wanted for the past couple of years due to circumstances out of my control. This has been a huge dream of mine. Darn it, I guess I'm just not the right sort of person with the right amount of money and the right sort of charisma to get a better paying job.
    Well, like they say, life goes on.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    I'm sure you'll get your dream job someday if you keep focusing on it.
    But sometimes (most times) you have to start at the bottom and work your way up.
    [​IMG]

3. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    double post

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:agreed.

Most people think like how you are but they still try the best they can to get what they want and take what they can get and they usually end up being the most sucessful and hardest workers. So dont give up just yet!

5. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Quote:Took the words right out of my mouth. [​IMG] Don't give up yet.

6. Mom2Five

Mom2Five Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    ray's two cents :

. . . I guess I'm just not the right sort of person with the right amount of money and the right sort of charisma to get a better paying job.

Now, turn that statement around to make is sound POSITIVE, and you'll be awestruck at what you can accomplish!
    I once read something profound in somebody's signature, "Because against the odds, you must run, and you must survive."
    [​IMG]

7. Newwell

Newwell Chillin' With My Peeps

never, Never, NEVER give up!!! I just received a dream of mine that has been in the "waiting" for 10 years. It took 10 years for the LORD to set up the "perfect moment" for the dream to come true. You just never know when [​IMG]

PS - And your 2 cents is worth more than my 2 cents [​IMG]

8. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:Now, turn that statement around to make is sound POSITIVE, and you'll be awestruck at what you can accomplish!
    I once read something profound in somebody's signature, "Because against the odds, you must run, and you must survive."
    [​IMG]

Do you know what's really sad about that quote? It's from a Pokemon game I used to be crazy about [​IMG]

Hey, you guys are right, but there's no way on earth I'm going to be able to earn enough money. Last year I was naive and thought, I'll get a weekend job! $120,000 will just appear out of nowhere into my bank account, I can go to Uni and live happily ever after!!
    Turns out, 15 months on, my total savings don't even reach $1,500.

Newell: Oh yeah. [​IMG] Need more two cents... I used to have something in my sig that said "Two cents might not seem like much, but take fifty lots and you've got a dollar, now you're onto something."

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by