Having a WORSE day, any advice?

new 2 pfowl

Crowing
Jan 13, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Hello peapeople,
Just having a bad day here. My good friend Mr. Skittles has passed.
He was a bit droopy yesterday and I was keeping my eye on him. Woke up the AM and found him.

He has no sign of injury. I'm afraid someone around here might be putting out rat poison - we have a lot of wood rats in the area.
Last month we lost Sprig, one of this year's chicks, too, but I was out of town and am not sure what happened.
This is all very disturbing.

I know there isn't anything you can say, but people who don't know peas don't realize how devastating it is to lose one.
So I just had to share it here.
I loved Mr.S. He was a particularly curious, smart and dapper fellow.
I miss him already.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
so sorry..

hugs.gif
This is so sad, i know exactly how you feel, i lost my lady Di a day after she looked ill, i found that she had a sinus infection but she never showed a sign of it.
RIP Skittles we will miss you
hit.gif

Thank you guys so much for your thoughtfulness and support.
Mr. S. is going to get necropsied so we can find out what happened to him, and make sure it doesn't happen to any of the rest of the gang.

So sorry. It's hard loosing a pea chick, which we all know can easily happen. I just can't imagine how bad it feels to loose a beautiful big fellow like him. My heart aches for you.
hit.gif

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I too have shed many tears over the loose of 2 peafowl taken by predators. I'm up now...... just saw a coyote beneath a tree 3 peas are roosting in for the night. Bear and I chased it off but the peas in the aviary are fussing. There are another 5 in a tree near it so am going out with dog and flashlight again. I'm so afraid the noise is going to disturb neighbors so am telling myself I must sell some of my precious pets but will only let them go to excellent homes. If anyone within driving distance of San Antonio area is interested please let me know.....or maybe you know someone. Be aware......I'll be crying my eyes out. Could also ask to visit property they would be moving to. I do that with chicks if I have any doubts.

Once again, I'm so sorry about Mr Skittles.

I am so sorry to hear about Mr. Skittles. Losing a pea is so much more painful than I ever thought it could be. Take care of yourself!

Back
Top Bottom