1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Having Problems with My Cochin Website?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by thecochincoop, Nov 25, 2008.

1. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure where to post this but it's about my Cochin website. When I go to my website www.thecochincoop.com at work the words are all jumbled up and when I go to it at home it looks perfect. I am wondering if anyone could tell me if they see the words messed up or is it just the computer at work?

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The words look fine. Your repeating background image takes away from the photos in your center column and makes it difficult to pay attention to what you are trying to express.

I am using IE7 right now.

3. thecochincoop

I glad it is working. I guess it's just the computer at work then.
    I guess I will take off the background. It's good to get someone else's opinion on these type things since I already know what it says and is about.
    Thanks [​IMG]

4. thecochincoop

Does this look better?

5. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Yes, but I don't like the floaty things. When I see those on a website I leave instantly. I don't go back either.

6. thecochincoop

OK thanks for the input. I guess those could be distracting. I thought they were cute when I saw them.

7. thecochincoop

OK I just did a makeover on my site. let me know if this looks any better (I also figured out how to put my own pic on the header [​IMG] cool) helpful critiques are welcome.

8. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    That is really nice.

9. thecochincoop

Thank You [​IMG] I am not very good at computers so it took me a while to figure it out. Thanks for your help.

10. CrimsonRose

CrimsonRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Different computers use different fonts (styles of writings) some have more than others so the fancy writing that looks pretty at home may not be able to be seen by others (like your PC at work) It's always best to use a basic font when ever possible so you make sure it looks the same for all users of your website...

If you do want to use the pretty writing it's best to make a logo or JPG image using the writing then paste it to your site... This way you don't have to worry about others viewing the site and thinking it looks weird because their computer can't read your font right... [​IMG]

All that being said you have a very nice looking site well done! Love those fluff balls you have!!! I need to stop looking at your pics before I get the urge to take a trip to georgetown... LMBO [​IMG]

I do web and graphics design so if you ever have any questions feel free to ask...

Hugs!
    Kristy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by