Having some identification trouble. Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kickenfarmer, Oct 31, 2008.

1. kickenfarmer

kickenfarmer New Egg

Oct 31, 2008
    [​IMG]

Hello, first post from a new member. I just found this site recently and got excited so i took some pictures of the ones im not sure about.

I ordered them from Ideal Poultry as st run

The first little one is extremely friendly Bantam
    [​IMG]

This little one has some strange feathers on its wings, they are heavily curved but more towards the body than out like a frizzle. Its also a bantam
    [​IMG]
    Another pic same chicken
    [​IMG]

This is a rooster......well 98% sure I was hoping someone knew what breed I know its Not a bantam as its the biggest/tallest bird I have. He is missing tail feathers from a disagreement with a Russian Orloff. I see some "sickle" I believe, feathers starting to show up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of it next to a salmon favorelle pullet from the same order.
    [​IMG]

Now, this bird was suposed to be an ideal 236 leghorn, but as you can see it has black legs and no comb. What is it? It has solid black eyes and looks like a hawk.
    [​IMG]

The rest of these I know what they are, I am just posting pics of them.

This is my favorite and only white bearded silkie, she is the protector of all the eggs as its a community nesting area.

[​IMG]
    This is my Buff Silkie "twit"
    [​IMG]

This is phillaphel, dont ask about the name, no idea. He is a Mille Fleur D' Uclles Blue.
    [​IMG]
    Pic of his gigantic feet!! They are bigger than my hand, with huge feathers
    [​IMG]

These are his ladies, they are blue red cubalaya's and red shoulder yokohama.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Chick #1 is a Mille Fleur D'uccle. Your other D'uccle is not mille fleur, might be a mix.

Chick #2 I have no idea...

And your unknown rooster is an Easter Egger. Technically called an Ameraucana but EE's are Ameraucanas with no particular color and don't meet the APA standards. Also, your unknown white one is an EE.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  3. kickenfarmer

kickenfarmer New Egg

Oct 31, 2008
    What is the difference in the two other than color, the black one is only about 5 months old. The gold lace on his chest feathers is really starting to show and his feet feathers are showing more and more white. They both have the ankle or knee feathers. I am kinda new at this identification. I have also heard that ideal poultry doesnt sell show birds, which would explain it.[​IMG] Thanks for your quick reply.

4. kickenfarmer

kickenfarmer New Egg

Oct 31, 2008
    Oh yeah, whats an EE?

5. tony30536

tony30536 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Ellijay Ga.
    EE is a easter egg chicken lays green or blue eggs

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:Mille Fleur is a color of D'uccle. That's not what the breed is called. It's a common misconception. You have two D'uccles, one is Mille Fleur and one is Black. [​IMG]

7. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    First [​IMG]

the second chick looks like either a dark brahma or a silver laced cochin . I couldnt see its comb .

The roo you have is an EE Roo

8. suburban farm girl

suburban farm girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Quote:An EE is a chicken that has Ameraucana or Auracana in its gene pool. They can be a combination of mix(es) with any other breed(s).

They are basically a mutt chicken, but because of the Ameraucana or Auracana gene the hens will generally lay some shade of blue or green eggs.

A clue to EE chickens is the slate colored legs. (There are other breeds with slate colored legs, though, so it is not the only factor.)

Another clue is "chipmunk cheeks", which is a trait of the Ameraucana, which has a muff when it is mature.

Some EE's with Auracana in their background will be tailless...

There are almost endless variations on what an EE can look like.

Hope this helps.

BTW [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by