Having some really bad hatching withdrawls!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bammony, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I try so hard to stay away from this area of BYC because it makes me miss hatching really bad. I put a light in the coop for my hens but I'm not sure why. I know it will help them lay but my Sportsman is bein borrowed by Buster so my girls laying won't do me any good. Plus I don't have them separated into their breeding pens yet. I need something to keep my mind off hatching for 2 more months till I get my new Sportsman bator and hatcher. Since ya'll are my enablers, I thought ya'll could help me get through this. I need some ideas to keep my mind off of hatching....any ideas? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] Funny !! ohhhh yes, I'm sure a lot of us can help you....
    (hatch eggs, hatch eggs, hatch eggs, hatch eggs)

I know how you feel, hubby told me no more egg hatching b/c our son will be here soon. [​IMG]

It drives me nuts also !!!

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Why not get your fix by watching watching peoples web-bator-cams? [​IMG]

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I'll have silkie chicks for you in a few weeks Laura! Hold out until then and you can get your chick fix.

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I can totally empathize with you! I want Button and Coturnix Quail so bad right now! And I NEEEEEEEEEEEED Silkie eggs,,,,,, poor Mr. Fancy Pants needs a Silkie gf. Watching a cam is out of the question for me, it makes it worse!

6. dgeter

dgeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Perhaps this will help? [​IMG]

(My baby silie, peanut)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  7. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Quote:That was just mean! That made it so much worse! [​IMG]

8. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Poor Buster. I think he's getting tired of me asking about my silkie eggs he's got in the sportsman for me. There was a power outage last night at Busters so I had to call his wife to see how low the temp got on the bator. Then I had to call Buster today and ask him when he's going to candle my silkie eggs. I hate watching the bator from one state away!!!!! [​IMG] When I was using my homemade bator that I gave to Buster, I would sit in front of it for hours watching my chicks hatch. House needed cleaning, Hubby and kids were starving, I was sleep deprived and animals needed tending.....but I just couldn't drag myself away from that bator door! I've got it bad! [​IMG]

9. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Maybe Santa could bring you a spare bator for Christmas. Just a small one to keep you busy.

10. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Lets see, I live in a 4 bedroom farm house it is real need of some cleaning. My chicken coop needs clean, the horse stalls need clean everyday. You could help with any and all of it if you want. LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by