Having troubles with pot bellied pig !!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by apdan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. apdan

apdan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Good Morning All,
    Our pbp who is usually a sweetheart has been a total monster lately! Here's the story [​IMG] About the middle of last week my sister brought her little 12 lb dog over for us to watch, and it's not the first time she has been at the house. Our other 3 dogs who are all well over 60 lbs are GREAT with her. Our retreiver mix will go outside with her when she has to go potty and walk her around the yard so she isn't alone, it's really cute to watch . BUT the pbp HATES HATES HATES her! She tries to eat her, she puts her hair up and turns sideways and tries to eat her! As soon as she even tries she gets a "spanking" and gets sent to her kennel. And when we have her out and the dog locked away she still smells for her, looks for her, and when can't find her goes after the other dogs. Our other 3 dogs she was raised with and she has never attacked them before and they have never attacked her and now she is fighting with them, and it's not play fighting. We are not sure why all of a sudden she is acting like this (well we know it's cause of the new dog) but we don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated [​IMG] The other day she even tried to bite my hand because it was between her and the dog, and again something she has never never done. We have this dog at our house for at least 10 days yet...........

Hopefully it all makes sense.......

2. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Crate them side by side. Let them spend the night crated sided by side, and eat side by side. Make sure the crates are strong enough the pig can't get through.........

How old is the pig? Is she just reaching sexual maturity?

3. apdan

apdan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Well that's the thing she is almost a year old! She is in a extra large dog kennel now and they brought a kennel up for their dog. So we could try that !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by