Having your ducts cleaned...be careful with your cats...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 3peeps, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 3peeps

3peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2007
    Wow, we're having the ductwork cleaned and it's flipping noisy. The doors are wide open because of the huge hoses and the cat is nowhere to be found. I was warned by my mother, but we chose to keep her in thinking noisy in the house was less traumatic than a hot garage she had never been in before.

I should have hid her in a closet or something, but the guys got her sooner than expected and I was at the fire station next door at a clown show of all things.

Crossing fingers kitty is just hiding very well in the basement. Be careful if you ever have this done...your house gets invaded!!

The men are all being really nice about it though and have been keeping an eye out the best they can.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Hopefully she is just hiding under a bed or sofa or something and didn't get outside. One of my cats is really really good at hiding until she wants to be found even if you call her. Probably when it quiets down she will come back out for you.

3. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    We will be having that done, along with some duct work, thanks for sharing! Ill make sure to hide the kitty! Probably dogs too humm.

Thanks!

4. 3peeps

Jul 4, 2007
    Well, it's been a few hours since the loud noises stopped, and everyone is gone now. Still no kitty. I really wish we didn't have so much stuff in the house. Too many places to hide.

Once I did find her outside hiding and she didn't utter a peep, even when I picked her up to carry her in. I think it's common for them to freak out and go silent. If she doesn't resurface I'm going to check under the neighbors' porches, etc. We've also had thunder storms today. [​IMG]

Maybe go open a can of fish and set it in various places on the floor?

Edited 6:01pm....yeah! Kitty hesitantly reappears in kitchen! I got out a can of salmon, but hadn't opened it. I'm so relieved!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Listen for noises coming from the ducts too! My SIL found their cat in the ducts after they had cleaned them. He came out for a can of food.

6. 3peeps

Jul 4, 2007
    Quote:I had worried about that, too. They were testing the new furnace and I had thoughts of her being roasted.

7. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Yay! Glad kitty is safe and sound!

8. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Glad you found your cat!

Why were you having the ducts cleaned? I'm just curious, I've never heard of this.

-Kim

9. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    I'm so glad you found your kitty!!!

Wolf-kim-Ducts are cleaned to get the dirt, dust, pet hair, etc. out of them. That way when they are in use they are not blowing that stuff back at you. It can cause illnesses and make allergies &/or asthma act up.

10. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Quote:Thanks.

-Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by