Havobator Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickendude1, Nov 5, 2010.

1. chickendude1

chickendude1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    Trying to use a havobator incubator please if you have any tips please help me ok [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Is your Hovabator still air or forced air.

A bator without a fan, temp needs to be 101
    With a fan, the temp needs to be 99.5

Put in a hygrometer.

I like to have humidity for days 1-18 at 35% and 65% to 70% for days 19-Hatch.

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  3. chickendude1

chickendude1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Morganton North Carolina
    Mines has the fan bt i cant get the temp straight any advice ??[​IMG]

4. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    use very small movements on your thermostat, it will take a while to get right, are you using a wafer or a electronic thermostat? let your temp. settle in & then make your move, very small moves, just go do something else for a while & let it settle down.

5. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    If it is the styrofoam one I had to put mine in my bedroom closet. The styrofoam bators do best in a room with stable temps, cooler seems better, and few windows and not against an outside wall. The more stabile the room, the easier the bator temp will stabilize. Also very important to make a small adjustment on the temp and then WAIT. I learned this the hard way, now I stabilize the bator before eggs are in! Give it at a minimum 20 minutes and check the temp. I let mine run between 99.3 and 100 because it will fluctuate a little during the day. Most important is to have it in a room that is stabile and give it plenty of time to make temp adjustments. Mine runs about 99.5 most of the day and night but I do have to put up with chicks hatching in my bedroom closet! [​IMG]

6. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Make sure you have it where there is no drafts. I had bad hatches all summer until I took it out of one bedroom into the other bedroom. Now it is working fine as I just hatched 17 babies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by