Hawaii 5-0 and other cool TV shows

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HHandbasket, Feb 6, 2011.

1. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

You know, it seems that whenever I really like a new show, they either cancel it or move it.

We used to watch V. LOVE that show. But we have been watching The Biggest Loser for years. ABC moved "V" to come on opposite Biggest Loser, so we no longer get to see it (we gave up the DVR almost a year ago to save money). I didn't mind because you used to be able to catch episodes of V online, but ABC.com has discontinued that. It is almost like they are trying to tank the show.

We really, really liked the new NBC spy show "Undercovers", but NBC canceled that one. It was the best new show NBC had on the plate this year, and it didn't even make it one season.

Last year, I LOVED Flash Forward (ABC) and Mercy (NBC). Both shows never made it past the first season. I was really bummed.

But I have to say this... the new Hawaii 5-0 ......... BEST new show on TV in longer than I can remember. Absolutely love it! I really, really, like the way they've updated the characters and brought them back, including Wo Phat. I can't WAIT to see how Marc Dacascos plays him, but it's shaping up to be really good. I was a fan of the original series, and I have to really applaud the producers of this show for reimagining an old cop show and making it BETTER than the original. Doesn't happen very often.

Is anybody else watching Hawaii 5-0?

2. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    I didn't even know they were making a new one. I thought this thread was about oldy tv shows. LOL

3. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I wanted to like Hawaii 5 O, and I tried to like it, but I don't like it at all. I've never seen any of the other shows you mentioned, in fact I never heard of most of them.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I like the OLD Hawaii 5-0

5. HatTrickSilkies

HatTrickSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    Eastern PA
    Quote:No, but I'm watching Alex O'Loughlin [​IMG]

~ Nikki

6. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    We watched about 7 or 8 episodes. Maybe more from the very start. Then we disconnected the satellite and haven't watched the TV again. It's like any prime time show though. If you can't DVR it the show isn't worth watching. I have counted as many as 12 commercials at a time while fast forwarding the DVR. When watching the commercials, I just go in to zombie mode.

I like the intro and how it mimics the original show. Shows some of the same things in the intro as the originals series and the music is the same, I always liked the Ventures.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  7. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    I really wanted to like it but I just can't watch it. If Grace Park weren't in it I probably could. But since I absolutely hated the last show she was in (Ron Moore's re-imagined abomination aka Battlestar Galactica) I just can't watch her in Hawaii 5-0. I know that is a silly reason but it is enough for me. Oddly enough though I have no issues watching Law and Order UK on BBC America. That show stars Jamie Bamber who was also in the abomination but he doesn't bother me. Maybe it's the accent. Or the fact that his character in the original Battlestar was male and didn't get the Ron Moore gender reassignment that so many other characters did.

8. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I guess I'm an oddball because I am thoroughly enjoying this show, everything from the characters to the storylines and the chemistry between the cast is very, very good. I never saw the reimagined Battlestar Galactica (is that the one with Edward James Olmos?... if so, bah, it didn't look right so I never saw it LOL). Yep, it's cool they still got the same intro music and some of the same screen shots in the intro as the original series.

Not very often they revive a series like this that turns out to be any good, but I'm really liking this... and there's an underlying story that connects some of their cases. I'm totally lovin' it.

I don't mind being the odd one in this case. Heheh. (But then again, I'm pretty much the odd one everywhere...)

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I love Hawaii 5-0!!! It is my favorite new t.v. show.

10. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Surface was good. As was Heroes. I liked Invasion an also liked Jericho.

I don't think its the shows being bad that get them canned. The line them up to compete with shows that are winning already an if they don't win they don't even try them on other time slots they just can them.

Also the ratings system has issues. I don't think the random households is very random an at this point they don't need it because of all the other ways to get everyones opinion on shows.

I watched some of the Hawaii 5-0 shows.. Pretty good but I don't get in to cop shows.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by