HAWK ATTACK!!! small hole help...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RedJungleFowl, Aug 29, 2013.

1. RedJungleFowl

RedJungleFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    So yesterday a hawk came a attack one of my oegb it was a ginger red and i did't know until i went out to see and there was a huge hawk sitting on top of the chicken i trow a chair at it almost hitting it and it flew away and the oegb took off running with the rest of the flock and i went to check there was a hole in the wing so how do i cure it and will it come back...

2. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Wash the wound,do this couple of times a day,you can apply an antibiotic ointment(nothing ending in 'caine/cane"toxic to chickens. Check wing to make sure it is not broken. If you are asking whether the hawk will return,the answer is probably yes,the hawk now knows that there are chickens in the area for food. Separate your chicken so that no other chickens peck/pick at this wound.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  3. RedJungleFowl

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    Oh i see but i heard that blue kote helps too u know anything about it and where can i get what u are saying.

4. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Yes, you can use Blue Kote,stains the skin so wear gloves when applying. I believe it can be purchased at any livestock feed store.

5. RedJungleFowl

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    I try looking at fleet farm but i can't seem to find it...

6. RedJungleFowl

Apr 23, 2012
    Cailfornia
    and what does blue kote do does it seal up the hole

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by