Hawk Away - this amuses me

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickiKat, Oct 28, 2011.

1. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    [​IMG]
    Scares Hawks away from your hen house! What It Is and How It Works This menacing predator replica strikes instinctual fear into the hearts of raccoons,skunks, hawks, and other small predator animals. The "3D" structure makes the decoy visible from every angle, making it more effective than a traditional coyote silhouhette cardboard cutout. It can also be effective at much longer ranges than sound machines, since bird vision is generally strong and can spot predators at great distances. Hawks take one look at this coyote and fly away. Features • Lifelike : 3 Dimensional structure and moving tail accurately emulates what birds fear in a predator • Installs Easily: Place it anywhere that you can bury a stake. • Little/No Maintenance: Aside from occassionally moving the unit, no maintenance is required • Natural Solution: 3D Coyote uses birds' instincts against them. • Chemical-Free: No dangerous or unnatural chemicals in this unit. • 360 Degree Effectiveness: Visible from any angle • Safe, Humane, and Silent Warranty 6 Month Manufacturers warranty against material defects.

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Let me know if it works!

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

But doesn't it scare your chickens, too?

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    They've got to be joking! If plastic owls don't usually work, why would this?

Speaking of plastic owls, alone see that YouTube video of the Cooper's hawk screaming at a fake owl? Hilarious! Maybe fake owls would be a good hawk deterrent?

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    You know, if I saw that outside at night, I'd jump 3 feet and hit the ground running.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by