Hawk & Bleep...any idea what breed and Sex these guys are??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HenPen, Apr 30, 2009.

1. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Here are a few pictures of Hawk...he should be a Black sexlink and Wheaten Ameraucana mix but he looks nothing like what I expected... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is a picture of Bleep....her egg was marked,she was suppose to be either a Black or Blue Ameraucana she is obviously not Black so I am now wondering is she a She or a He?? Bleep is darker the flash washed her out and spooked her so I could not get a full body picture I will try again in a few days. Any guesses? They are both just shy of 2weeks old in the pictures...I am guessing they are too young to tell but thought I would ask....if they are when would be a good age to take pictures & get a better guess?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. LadyShred

LadyShred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    They're a little too young to tell. I would say they're both pullets, but the tides can turn any day now.

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    well, if hawk took after the wheaten gene then I say cockeral from the color, but with mixes ya never know. too early to tell with the second one

4. HenPen

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Thanks....about how old would be the earliest age to get a more accurate guess??

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    that is a tough one. They are tough to sex, some of the cockerals develop later and some pullets get larger combs. Try at 6 weeks, usually can get a good idea by then. [​IMG]

6. HenPen

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by