Hawk dive bombing at my GSD ...

The Chicken People

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Smithville, Mo
and my lil dog as I was standing on back porch! I cant pen up my layers because their coop is too small! They need the run area and it isnt covered! Cant afford it and are trying to finish bigger coop! Ugh...can I shoot it if it eats my birds? What do I do?

Last edited:
I think it has a nest in the tree on my neighbors property but good
neighbor..lol.. he has no house on his land and only comes out to mow or throw a party yearly or hunt!
I just dont know how we should handle this legally I have a right to protect my livestock!
I meant a responsibility ti protect!

Last edited:
You could try criss-crossing fishing wire across the top of your pen like a lot of koi pond farmers do to keep the birds from diving in for a quick meal. The birds have keen eyesight and will think twice before trying to land between the wires. Just a thought...

AllCoop'dUp thanks for the suggestion! What pound test should I use do you know? And my neighbors on the other side have a koi pond! Thanks so much! Simple solution..something I have lots of and my best friend wil! do this on her koi pond as well!! I am going to tie old cd's to fishing line and throw up in my trees tomorrow! I knew I could find other ways to ward it off! I will update on how it goes! I will definetly be in the back yard more and we are finishing the big coop this weekend! I also plan to find a cheap way to cover the run on the new chicken yard! Predators are pests!

Put out a loud radio a talk station and put out some clothes on a hanger to look like a person. Hang it so that the wind will blow it. It may help especially if you move it around. Do your chickens have things to hide under? They need things to hide under

Back
Top Bottom