Hawk. Misssing chickens.

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
Just saw a huge hawk perched by the chickens!!!! It flew off, branch by branch. Found one hiding and terrified. Let me snag her and put her away. One came back on her own and won't go back in. Think my dad got her in though. Others no where to be found. Usually no matter where in the yard they are they come running when I go out. This time I called and called and called. I am so scared. The hawk did not have one in it's grip so that is good. I bet they went hiding in the woods.

They should start coming home around dusk. If at all possible be out there to chase off the hawk if it comes back. Can you keep your birds penned up for the next couple of days? Most likely the hawk will be back.

They should start coming home around dusk.  If at all possible be out there to chase off the hawk if it comes back.  Can you keep your birds penned up for the next couple of days?  Most likely the hawk will be back.

Thank you!! We managed to find all but one. The rest were hiding together in the bushes in the front yard. 2 came running back with food offerings and 3 let me pick them up and carry them. May, one of my favorite chickens, a barred rock, is still missing. We have searched all the bushes.

Thank you both!!! Still no sign of May but I traipsed through the woods and saw mid flight tracks and one single orange feather then found this at the edge of the woods. I bet that is the terrified one that was hiding next to a fallen pine branch by the run, absolutely traumatized. Thank God she is alive. Gotta check for injuries though.

I am going to go do something else and hope she comes home.

Thank you so much!! My dad and I went and practiced driving and are now at Lowe's and my mom just called and said she came home!!! Came running out of the woods between the puff of feathers and our dog house, kind of far. My mom managed to get her inside and no one else escaped. Thank God lol

Back
Top Bottom