Hawkeye Babies~ The Long Overdue Update~ Pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicknThief, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Here are just a few pics of our darling Hawkeye chickies. They are so darned quick it is really tough to get a clear shot of them! [​IMG] I will try to get more soon, but for now, here you go!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We wound up with 9 babies altogether. 2 roosters, one a Sunny baby, and one a Caroline baby. The rest are hens. I believe that we have three Lexie babies, two Charlotte babies, two Sunny babies, and another Caroline baby.

The rooster shown in the pics is the Sunny roo. We have named him Jim Dear and his little twin lady Darling. And then there is Zebulin the Caroline roo, and Esther his Caroline counterpart. The rest of the ladies are Delilah, Deborah, Ruth, Naomi, and Eve.

2. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Ooh, Hawkeye babies! They are adorable. I have Hawkeye babies (well young ladies now) but they were all hens!!

Love the roo.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, they are very handsome kiddos! I'm so glad you got some of Hawkeye's last children. Yep, I sent eggs to Ellie that week for her broody hen, too, so you both have the last of my dear Hawkeye. In the third picture, does that one in front have a pea comb? She looks exactly like my Panda, Zane's daughter with Charlotte!

4. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I know that we have two that have pea combs, but I am pretty sure that they are both feather legged. That would be Zebulin and Esther. We assumed that they were Caroline babies, but we most certainly could be wrong, LOL.

5. speckledhen

If they are feather legged, they'd be Caroline's babies. They are all great looking birds. You did well in the pullet department!

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    ooooh, how sweet!! What a legacy!!

7. speckledhen

I didnt often send mixed eggs when I had Hawkeye since most people want pure BRs, but you can tell the BR over Buff Orpingtons pretty well. Chickngurl hatched some of them a long time ago.

8. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    The mixes are my favorites! Especially Darling. She is the sweetest thing! She will just hop right up onto our laps and try to, uh... groom/pierce our lips. [​IMG] We wouldn't trade her for all the world.

Yes, we did very well in terms of the pullet/rooster ratio! And with the 65 other hens that we have, there is no chance of these girls getting "used and abused" so to speak. We are so happy with these guys, and we can't thank you enough! [​IMG]

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Love that second pic! The pullet looks like she's channeling DeNiro as in, "you talkin' to me? you talkin' to ME?" lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by