1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hawkeye's Last Babies/Hatching Eggs FS/Ships April 28/N. GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Apr 21, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You know my Hawkeye died tragically a few days ago and the girls are still fertile by him and/or his son, Zane. This will be the very last chance to have any of his children-I know Zane has not mated the Barred Rock girls, so those are Hawkeye's babies for sure. The others could belong to either Hawkeye or Zane:

At least One Dozen Eggs, plus extras, for $20 (if you are in the Western U.S., please send an $2 more for the extra postage, if you would be so kind). This will most likely be in excess of 16-18 eggs. Pymt by postal or bank money order, please.
    This is another Forrest Gump special. You'll receive:

Pure Barred Rocks
    Plus, these crosses:

BR/Buff Orp
    BR/Blue Ameraucana
    BR/RIR x Buff Orp (Meg)
    BR/Buff Brahma

Post SOLD and send me an email at [email protected]
    and we'll exchange information. Ships Monday, April 28.

2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    SOLD

3. speckledhen

Boy, Jess, that was fast! [​IMG]

4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I wish I had thought to ask you if you had one of Meg's egg's.That sounds like a nice combination for a good mixed layer.

5. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself. [​IMG]

(It's a good thing mum was sitting right next to me. She was yelling SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! [​IMG] )

6. speckledhen

I'm glad you're getting these, Jess and Suz. Hawkeye was such a special guy. I'm getting all choked up just thinking that these are his last babies. Hope they all hatch for you.
    Marlon, sorry you didnt think about it, either, but Zane is still here, so in the future, if you want some of Meg's, they'll still be here.

7. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Cyn, are you really sure you want to sell these??? If at any point you change your mind, just send the money back and hatch them!!! We would totally understand. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

No, honey, they are yours. I have four in the bator right now at the beginning of Day 19, two from Amanda and two from Lexie. And I plan to keep all of them, unless I get three cockerels. Two boys, I'll keep, and all pullets. So, just pray they hatch for me.

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Dang, Jessica. Now these eggs I would have snatched up! Good luck with your hatch. You only live 2 hours away, I want some! [​IMG]

10. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I will do that. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by