Hazy eye (pics)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jshreck, Jul 7, 2015.

1. jshreck

jshreck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2013
    South Central Wisconsin
    I have a 2yo EE hen that had been isolating herself from the group for a few weeks. Tonight I noticed one of her eyes is funky but the other is perfectly fine. I just saw something that said it could be Mareks?? I have 5 other chickens she's been with since day 1 and 13 new chickens that have been in the coop for 6 weeks. Everyone else seems fine. She seems fine health wise - she's just alone and I was attributing that to getting picked on (I've seen the roo on her and another hen pecking at her head :( ) She's always walked a little odd like her vision was never 100% in that eye as well. Please tell me this isn't Mareks and that it could be just cataracts or a vision problem?? (These are the best pics I could get tonight) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Flock Master Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  3. jshreck

jshreck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2013
    South Central Wisconsin
    Than you so much for the help, that is a very helpful document!! I have a very hard time believing it's Mareks as she's 2 and has no other symptoms, nor do any other chickens. I guess my best bet is a visit to the chicken vet for some difinitive answers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by