He crowed today! =D

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rebecca10782, Apr 22, 2009.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Our little Jerry made his first attempts at crowing today. It wasn't any louder than the regular sized girls when they raise their voices. He is almost three months now. He still fits in the palm of my hand! He is nothing but feathers [​IMG] I hope he doesn't grow anymore! He is a Cochin bantam, does anyone know when they put on most of their weight??? I can't wait for him to get all cocky and strut around trying to impress his girls [​IMG] He has fourteen all to himself and they are all five times bigger than him [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Oh he is beautiful![​IMG] I have a black bantam Cochin with my frizzles, and he is a strutter![​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

He's so little!!! hehehe

I just love that last pic!
    Fuzzy legged chickens look like they are wearing pants to me. It's so cute!

4. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    My white Cochin bantam is over 2 yrs old and is mostly all feathers. She doesn't weigh much at all.

[​IMG]

Jerry is so cute! Those first crowing attempts are really funny!

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Oh he's adorable. I have 2 8 day old cochin batams! (hatched the little darlings myself!) And I'm in love with them.

All my chickens are standards except these three. Now because I'm so in love with them, I have to get more!! LOL

Congrats on him crowing!

Laurie

6. crackertrail

crackertrail Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2009
    Hardee County
    I love the pics!

7. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Thanks guys [​IMG] I know, doesn't he look like he is wearing overalls in that picture! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] He is too funny, his only bantam girl just dissappeared [​IMG] (she is in the picture above with him) so he has slowly been bonding with all the older girls. When we let them all out into the walkway to roam the front yard, they will all run at top speed and little Jerry will try his hardest to catch up with them running as quickly as his little fluffy legs will carry him! I can just hear him yelling "Hey! Wait up guys, I can't run that fast!"
    [​IMG]

8. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    He is adorable!! My Baldie used to strut his stuff, he was a black cochin. And he used to do a dance for me when I said his name. Boy do I miss him. Thanks for sharing!! I love the last pic!!

9. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    way too cute....[​IMG]

10. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Aww...I hope he dances for me and brings me treats eventually [​IMG] One person on this site posted about how their roo would bring them worms as a gift [​IMG] We did end up with one rooster before and sadly we had to find him another home because he was a GIANT and his crow carried across the town. I just keep praying that little Jerry won't get to loud. I can't see how he can have to much bass in his voice, he is the size of a sparrow! [​IMG] I just love roosters. I didn't know what cocky truely met until we ended up with Lucifer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by