Big dreams

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
My dominique rooster crowed yesterday, I was so excited. Lucky that so far he has a pretty nice crow, not compleat but, maybe he will get a little better. He and his 24 ladies are 15 weeks old. I only have the one rooster so I was glad to hear him...

Big dreams

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
So I am not so strange to get excited? My family thought I was, they were like "oh great!" in a sarcastic manner, while they laughed at me. Although my daughter who is 16 said "wake me up early tomorrow so I can hear him" ha ha I didn't tell her he will crow "whenever"
maybe not just morning.... funny!

mrsgibber

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
Bolton, CT
I was really excited to hear mine crow the first time too. I still listen for it every morning and love it! Congrats!

Big dreams

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Quote:So sorry, my DH says if mine gets mean then its the pot for him ..
I keep telling him that the hens will feel safer with him, even if he is mean. Maybe if he were mean I would feel differently.

CallyB57

Songster
10 Years
Apr 27, 2009
Northeast Louisiana
If a Silkie does has not crowed by the time it is 14 weeks old, is it a hen? One of my younger Silkies emits a strange sound in the morning...like a broken up crow, and it is only 8 wks old.
My EE rooster crowed at 10 weeks and my Light Brahma has not crowed yet and he is 13 weeks.
My X-husband was crowing the day I met him, and he is still crowing.

For-The-Love-Of-Chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Washington State
Congratulations!! We heard our first crow from our RIR roo this week as well. He just turned 17 weeks old. It sounds like a baby crying, and he seems embarrassed to crow in front of anyone, so we haven't heard too many. It is exciting to hear it though!!

Top Bottom