1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

He did it! He did it! WOOT! WOOT!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Sep 11, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My nearly 5 month old polish cockerel finally mounted a hen without getting his butt kicked! Okay, so it was my smallest hen, a silkie, but he did it! [​IMG]

*WHEW* I was beginning to think he was defective. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. RGBistro

RGBistro Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Success is success. [​IMG]

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:He seemed pretty satisfied. Can't say the same for my silkie Ellie Mae though. [​IMG]

4. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    Mine always knocks them onto their sides when he mounts them. Hes been mounting for 2 months so he shouldve get the hang of it by now! but i guess i have very reluctant hens! lol

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    What made it even better...

After he finished mating Ellie and she ran in the coop (it was bedtime) he stood by the door and waited for all the rest of the hens to go in, like a good roo does.

He may turn out to be an okay roo after all. Here I was thinking I'd have to get another roo and only keep Ozzy as yard art.

7. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    LUCKY!!!! >[​IMG] MY BLUE POLISH ROOSTER IS SEVEN MONTHS OLD!!!!! still no mounting I have seen [​IMG]

8. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    My bantam cochin roo, Charlie, is a "stealth mater" and I haven't seen him seduce a lady yet...but the chicks in the brooder are giving his secret lifestyle away... [​IMG]

9. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I have 5 roosters in my flock outside and have nit witnessed mating! I think I have defective males. I know for a fact the male I just put in there is probably breeding but I don't know what to say about the others!

10. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

BigDaddy'sGurl :

My bantam cochin roo, Charlie, is a "stealth mater" and I haven't seen him seduce a lady yet...but the chicks in the brooder are giving his secret lifestyle away... [​IMG]

*cackles*​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by