He found his voice...

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by SamG347, Jan 19, 2010.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well my male ringneck found his voice yesterday. I was looking out the window and saw/heard him crow. I love the way ringnecks sound when they crow because it is more like a wierd cackle. Hope he isn't getting too much spring fever. I got the new pen's posts in the ground though just gotta get the wire/netting up and a gate on.
    [​IMG]

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I love listening to the wild ones... Isnt it pretty early though?

3. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    The rooster himself was born last june/july...and yeah but we have a wierd strain of 40-50 degree temps..I think he has spring fever.
    [​IMG]

4. Birdman18

Birdman18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Yeah it is nice to hear the male ringneck pheasants crow, mine occasionally crows every now and then i actually heard him crow last week but as the breeding season gets closer they'll crow more often when spring arrives.
    Did you see how the males flap their wings just before they crow? They do a series of loud flaps before they crow.

5. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Back when I had ringnecks my rooster would crow several times a day all year long like a chicken would. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by