He has to go

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rainplace, Nov 25, 2009.

1. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Mr. Muscovy just tore up one of my runner females who was enamored with him. [​IMG] She's limping now and bleeding from the lower back. I have her inside and she's going to be okay, but he's just too big for them, they have no chance to get away, and his claws are just awful. How does the muscovy female not get torn up like that?

He's been growing on me. I liked the way he followed me around the yard for treats, wagging his tail and making his funny sounds. I can't risk another duck to him and do not want to separate him out.

2. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    what are you gonna do [​IMG] plz dont eat him lol

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    that duck sausage sure does look good! [​IMG]

4. rainplace

I thought when I got him, I could eat him, but it turns out I don't have it in me to do the deed.

5. rainplace

Just listed him on craigslist. [​IMG]

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

We are marshmallows here too

7. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Sorry you have to get rid of him and hopefully she's doing better soon.. I have never killed anything we raise...just can't do it. We've been saying we are gonna kill the tom for Thanksgiving...well...LOL he's still in the run with the rest of them!!

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    That is the trouble with those big drakes. He needs some really big girls for his harem. Drakes can be really rough to the point of seeming vicious to the duck hens.

9. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I am dealing with bald female quail right now...so yeah...boys! Sheesh!!!

10. rainplace

He's gone, thank freaking goodness. I gave them both to a young couple. Ms. Muscovy was so attached to him, and so different from the others, that it seemed unfair for me to keep her as the lone muscovy. Mr. Muscovy had started terrorizing my gander in the yard and in the duck house. I did not want my gander to get fed up and realize how strong he was in comparison to the ducks. He's always been such a sweet protector. Mr. Muscovy had also started in on my runner drakes. He totally upset the balance in the flock, so much so that I will not even miss his tail wagging. I will miss her flying to the upper deck and peeking in at me while I do dishes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by