He is at it....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by katharinad, Aug 7, 2010.

1. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

15 weeks old, and our drake is running after the girls. [​IMG] Today he mounted various girls in the pool. Not the full act yet, but he know what he wants. [​IMG] The girls, not so much. [​IMG] He needs to work his charm a little bit more. [​IMG] The girls all had a big fuzz about it. [​IMG]

2. jack & mommy's duckies

jack & mommy's duckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    lmao.........I'm going through the same thing right now with a goose and a duck........so funny

I hear the pitter patter of duckie and goosie feet in our near future........

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My new drake finally figured out that girls are more than just looking at...LOL

4. katharinad

Well he had his fun. The one girl was willing to give up her virginity.
    Is there such thing in ducks????
    [​IMG]
    Well they have to grow up eventually.

5. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    From what I've witnessed I don't think there is much charm involved.

6. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    My drakes are about a year older than my females (who are only around 14 weeks) and I'm really worried because I know the boys want to do the deed cos they've tried with me [​IMG] but I don't want my lovely innocent little girls to be pounced on the minute we put them together :S

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I have 3 ducks that are a year old and my drake was hatched this spring. Those cougars have corrupted the poor innocent boy [​IMG]

My 2 young ducks also hatched this spring run away!

8. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    Quote:but, katharina, i would go to you first to ask this question!
    virginity in ducks.
    [​IMG]

9. katharinad

Quote:He was a sweetheart after he figured out that he just cannot go find one and jump on. Plus is was kind of hard doing that in the water. Turned more into a chase and he eventually got tired because he wasn't getting anywhere. He later swam around Shadow and started to bob his head up and down until she started to do it. She then elongated her neck and made it easy for him to mount her. After they were done they continued the head bobbing. I think that is as sweet as it can get. So he has learned a thing and now call himself the man of the house.

10. JosieR

JosieR Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Orange County, NY
    Hahaha !!! We had the opposite problem here today. My drake finally got his curly feather and I was standing there admiring it and all of a sudden 2 of my girls were doing the head bob with him. He did it back, the girls hopped in the pool. The poor drake couldn't get his fat behind over the side of the pool (performance anxiety?? LOL). He finally made it into the pool, more head bobbing, the girls flattened themselves out on the water and he just picked at the feathers on the back of their neck a little and then swam around!!![​IMG]

Poor girls were so annoyed they stated picking at his feathers and eventually chased him out of the pool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by