He made the official announcement this morning!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 00BlasterResto, May 10, 2011.

1. 00BlasterResto

00BlasterResto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    indiana
    Not sure if this belongs here, but wanted to share this as referance.
    This morning at Approx. 9 weeks my favorite chicken crowed for his first time. [​IMG]
    Unforunatly I could not have a rooster where I live, I do know some people who have chickens and are willing to give him a home though. At around 7:00 AM my girlfreind went out to let the chickens out of their coops and feed and water. She had headphones on but said he heard a sound, she turned them off and tapped on the roof of our small chicken coop. He replied with another crow, she took out her cell phone, turned it to record and tapped the roof again. She was able to record a very clear crow as proof for me.
    I have been wondering about this one for a while, his tail stood up more and was pointy, his comb turned red a couple of weeks ago, he has gotten bigger than my other EE's and started to act like I would expect from a Roo. This is the first Roo I have ever seen in person honestly, but I had a pretty good idea since about week 4 or 5.
    Well here he is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    Wow, he's absolutely gorgeous!! I bet if you put him on the online auction on here someone would take him.

3. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:x'2 Wish I was close! Where did you get them?

4. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    He is very pretty! I love his color.

5. 00BlasterResto

00BlasterResto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    indiana
    Quote:x'2 Wish I was close! Where did you get them?

Thank you, He has been my favotrite from the start. Bums me out a little, I got them at rural king as pullets. If anyone happens to be close and can give him a good home I would consider it. The place I have in mind would not put him on the dinner table, but he would not be protected from predators very well and would just be a chicken on the farm kinda thing. He is freindly and we handle him all the time.

6. Diamond Wire Farms

Diamond Wire Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    I would post an auction on BYC. Maybe someone local would be willing to give you back some of his eggs in trade.
    Than you might get one of his daughters with that pretty color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by