He or She ??? I am an 18 week old Black Sumatra. Thanks !

time4chickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Northwest OH
54110_100_0920.jpg

Miss Daisy has recently started making "crowing sounds" and she no longer hangs out with her sister chickens. She just kinda stays nearby them, but is getting kind of unfriendly. The other 2 chickens sometime seem to be afraid of her now. Last evening I heard screaching and I went out to check.....and she was on her sister attacking her. Today them seem fine. I only have 3 chicks and they are 18 weeks old. I have had them since they were one day old. I am afraid that Miss Daisy now needs to be called Mr Davey
sad.png
. I hope that I am wrong..because I will need to find her a new home (if she is a him).

Last edited:
She look lihe a he too me. I am no expert( I have one pair of black sumatra) but hse looks much more like my roo than my hen.

sad.png
thanks, I think your right. She is so different from the other two. I would think that maybe it was just the pecking order thing if not for the "crowing" every morning ! I am so new at this I am just not sure
hmm.png
Thank you for the response,

Quote:
I think it's a boy maybe it was trying to mount the hen..Thats what roosters do , you might have mistaken it as attacking.

she kind of did the same thing tonight. She (he) was fighting over the roosting spot. She (he) always seems to want the space where another one already is roosting. She is turning bossy and mean in the evening. During the day she just distances herself from the other two.

Thank you for the responses....Guess I'll be trying to find him a good home. He is sooo beautiful. Anyone out there in NW Ohio want a beauty for their backyard. He likes to be around people and will eat from your hand then sit by your feet and "talk to you" He does walk with a slight limp. I will only let him go to a good home.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom