He or She Silver-laced Polish? Please be a HE!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GJ_Kate, Jun 22, 2011.

1. GJ_Kate

GJ_Kate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Grand Junction
    Here is my hubby's chicken. His name is Kielbasa... get it? He has ALWAYS wanted a Polish chicken. I was lucky enough to be able to hatch him and one other egg from Hot2Pot in the April Egg Swap. He is approximately 4-5 weeks old. We are really really hoping its a cockeral since another BYCer gave us 6 WCB polish pullets this last weekend.
    BTW, hubby is not strangling him in the last picture. Just trying to get a good pic of his comb/lack of comb area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    I don't have a lot of experience with Polish, I only have 3, but mine that turned out to be a rooster had hair like that at that age, and the two that turned out to be females had more of a poof. I would guess roo. I think you are the first person I have ever seen post that wanted to hear that [​IMG]

3. GJ_Kate

GJ_Kate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Grand Junction
    I figured I was in the minority on wanting roo.... [​IMG]
    That's what we were thinking about the "hair do". It looks like a straight up Mohawk! It is definitely NOT in a round poof, it runs straight back.
    Cool!

4. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Here was mine at about that age. He ended up being a roo, with a female in the foreground for comparison. They were both about 5 weeks here.

[​IMG]

5. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    Roo!

6. TeriyakiChicken

TeriyakiChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Western Australia
    Roo [​IMG]

7. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

What a very proud looking chick. It's far too early to do an accurate sexing, for me. But hey, you have a 50/50 chance... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by