1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

He said yes!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by yoie, Jul 25, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

My sweet DH said yes to more chicks!!!! I can't believe he said I could have more. I kept telling him that our little bantam Modern needed some friends her own size, since she is living with my LF at the moment. I have moved the ducks to a bigger pen, so I had an empty space! I couldn't leave it empty and my Mini Chicken lonely. So I asked my DH and he said I could get her a few friends! So of course I ordered Ideals Bantam Special, so I have 25 chicks coming on Wed/Thursday! It has been a while since we had chicks in the house, I am just so excited. This is also an early Birthday gift for me!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's sooo exciting when they actually say yes lol! You did well not to hang around and give him a chance to change his mind!

I had 'a word' with my OH yesterday and mentioned that the great thing about chickens is we can try different breeds until we find the one that suits us the best... I mentioned the runner-up choice and that maybe we should try hatching some of those. He said yes too!!!! I couldn't believe it! I think he actually loves the four little chicks we already have [​IMG] I quickly said that we'd wait and see if these are males or females first, so we're not incubating batch after batch... Wouldn't want to put him off by sending him to all four corners of the country every weekend for these eggs I'd like [​IMG]

[​IMG] Weeeee to us lucky ladies who caught our blokes in a good mood!

3. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Happy Early Birthday to you! So exciting [​IMG]

My DH is warming up to the chickens, a little at a time - maybe I'll get a bigger coop by winter;)

4. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    PICS PICS PICS pleese!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. yoie

Don't worry all I will post pics when they get here! I have already set up the brooder and have it all ready for them to come. I can't wait to see what I get!

6. GA_in_GA

GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:I got a bigger run last week. Planning on adding a few new girls. Bigger coop . . . winter sounds good to me, too! [​IMG]

7. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    [​IMG]

8. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:Congrats! We live in western MD and just got chickens back in April. We r coming down ur way to Pomfret (sp??) some where near Waldorf and La Plata to get a trio of Cayuga ducks this weekend! I saw u have one. Do u like the breed?

9. yoie

Quote:Congrats! We live in western MD and just got chickens back in April. We r coming down ur way to Pomfret (sp??) some where near Waldorf and La Plata to get a trio of Cayuga ducks this weekend! I saw u have one. Do u like the breed?

She is really sweet. Very quiet compared to my Pekins and the Buff (really a loud mouth). She is also the smallest out of the group and always has a simple look about her (I think its her crest since it's a little off center) [​IMG]

10. SueSteeves

SueSteeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Yipeeee! Can't wait to see pictures! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by