Here's the low down... A few short weeks ago, we decided to start our flock. A local friend of mine has some OE Creles she was selling (and I just love the Creles!), so we decided we'd get a trio from her. Already laying, come from show stock, good price. So I told her I'd buy them once we get them a coop built. Then, she had one of the hens go broody on her, so she offered us the 2 eggs. Then, I bought a dozen eggs from her, from her "big" girls. These are eating eggs for us. We thought. The day I went to get them, found out she has a roo in with her *girls*. Well, I cannot eat a fertile egg. Just. Can't. Do. It. I figured dh wouldn't care, so no biggie. Didn't have the heart to change my mind once I told her I wanted to buy them. Well...dh said he can't bring himself to eat a fertile egg, either. SO. I decide I'll try to hatch them. They are mutts, but no biggie. So off I go to TSC(where hubby works) and get a bator. In the eggs go. Then, I have a very weak moment and buy a doz BO from Jody on here. Off to buy another bator! Well...I'll get too upset if I go into it, but there will be no eggs hatching here out of those 30. I got so upset with all the events that I said no chickens. We don't need them. We're going to be moving in a few months. We don't need them. Gosh, I had no idea I'd be so upset over loosing the hatch. During the few days we had the eggs in the bator, we got about 75% through the coop for the Creles. I called my friend and told her we just couldn't take them right now. Well, now I'm through mourning. Have been looking at that almost finished coop on the back deck. I *know* that one of the guys that works with dh has Silkie chicks. I *know* Susan still has the Creles I love. So.... I asked dh this morning if we can go ahead and get them. He said SURE!!! I think he was a bit let down when I got so upset and "shut down" to the chickens. So...within a week, we'll have some baby Silkies and my OE Crele trio running around!!! We're so excited!!