1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

He saved hubby's life!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cjeanean, Jul 22, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    For the past few days my hubby has been noticing this weird shaking coming from his truck, and had no clue what it was. Well, today he discovered that it was his tire. His tire was not tightened on all the way. Come to find out that he had been driving on ONE LUGNUT with all the tire bolts/stems (the rods you screw the lugnuts onto) BROKEN OFF. God saved my husband's life, he drives on the highway every day going to work. We think someone may have tried to steal his rims, but whatever the case is he's okay and I'm so shocked and happy that nothing horrible happened!!!

2. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Praise the Lord!
    So glad hubby is alright.
    Brenda

3. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Praise God! I too am glad your hubby is alright! That is a scary situation

4. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Praise the Lord for watching over you husband!

5. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Quote:The same thing happened to us when we were on the Pennsylvania Turnpike coming back from Philly to Pittsburgh about 10 years ago. We assumed the same as you because the bolts were all sheared off. We had been parked in our son's apartment parking lot overnight and figured someone wanted to steal the rims. Luckily, ours was making so much noise that my DH had slowed way down. When the wheel came off, it rolled about 200 yards down the road. Just lucky it didn't cause an accident. It was a scary thing! I'm glad your husband is alright. [​IMG]

6. summerwindsfarm

summerwindsfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    We had this happen to us a couple of years ago too. Fortunately for us the wheel came off as we started to pull away from the toll booth so we were going really slow.

Only one lugnut was still on the wheel so we think that someone had tried to steel the wheel/tire and we'd interrupted them. Definitely scary!

7. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Someone tried to do the same to my husband's truck last year too. It amazes me that someone would be so brazen as to endanger another's life. We were fortunate to notice before driving away. I'm glad your husband is safe too.

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

YIKES!!!
    that's scary...
    glad hubby's okay!

9. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Wow.. Thank you Lord! Glad hubby was ok!

10. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Praise the Lord! I'm so glad that he's ok. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by