HE stopped wiggling?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lacrystol, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    One of my eggs were wiggling a lot earlier and now he has completely stopped, should I be worried? There's no cracks yet, no peeping, he wasn't suppose to hatch until this Thursday. WHAT DO I DOOO???

2. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Hope there are people to answer cause I had one due to hatch on Monday or Tuesday and did the same thing on Monday now nothing [​IMG]...

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    If the egg is not supposed to hatch until Thursday, you should now be in lock-down. Don't worry until about days past the original expected hatch day.

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Do nothing. Chicks sleep inside the egg. There will be periods of rest during hatching also. If they don't hatch on Thursday. Do nothing. Sometimes they are a couple of days late. Relax, your babies will be here soon. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    I've had them spread out their hatch myself. With my recent incubator fiasco (major temperature fluctuations) I finally went through and pulled obviously dead eggs and then marked ones with movement as opposed to ones with no detectable motion in them. Lo and behold one of the non motion eggs hatched and the good ones haven't done squat as of yet.

Back to patience. I could very well get home today and find all of the good eggs hatching out.

6. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Well it's day 2 on lockdown and my wiggler was wiggling again last night but no cracks yet. Looks like these silkies are going me make me wait the very last day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by