He thinks he's sexy, NOT

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by emptynesterMom, Oct 14, 2012.

1. emptynesterMom

emptynesterMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2011
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

This is RT formerly rescue tom, now ratty tom. Have you ever seen a more bedraggled boy. Lol. He struts around like he still has a full set of feathers and he is sooo proud.

2. GulfStar

GulfStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Since he's a rescued Tom, he deserves to feel good and strut a little. The girls may laugh now, but just wait.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I can't wait to see this guy fully feathered. He's gonna be something!

4. frank53061

frank53061 Chillin' With My Peeps

Poor Guy looks like he is half plucked hope he gets those feathers back before winter you may have to knit him a sweater lol.

5. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    Don't let him hear you, he might get his feelings hurt! [​IMG] He is a bit raggedy now, but I'll bet, he'll be a real looker when he gets brand new feathers [​IMG]

6. UrbanviewFarm

UrbanviewFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    State of Jefferson
    Poor guy! I agree though, his feathers will come back soon enough. He's got beautiful coloring for a burbon red. That dark red color is what you're looking for, not a washed-out orange-red.

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Oh that poor boy! !!! Bless his little heart....lol. I think he ripped out all his feathers as a disguise because he knows Nov is coming......

8. emptynesterMom

emptynesterMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2011
    Virginia
    Thanks guys, I'll post pic when he is fully feathered again. In spite of the way he looks now, I am really pleased with his progress. When I got him in the early summer, he had been raised in a raised wire cage all of his life. His feet were in terrible condition, swollen to twice the normal size with nails that were long and twisted. He has made remarkable progress and has recently integrated well with the rest of my flock. He still isn't strong enough to roost up as high as my other boys but I think that will resolve as he continues to gain condition. Does anyone have an idea as to his age?

9. frank53061

frank53061 Chillin' With My Peeps

by the lenght of the beard I would guess 3 years of age or more thats a long beard.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  10. UrbanviewFarm

UrbanviewFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    State of Jefferson

He's definitely fully matured, two years of age or more. Three sounds about right..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by