He who poops

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MamaKitty913, Mar 8, 2014.

1. MamaKitty913

MamaKitty913 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2013
    Northrenbornlanow
    Hey, I just started this and I have to ask do chicken's deliberately drop poop bombs? My WFBS loves to fly over the top of the others and drop bombs on the others, especially the more dominante EE. When 'white face" starts flying above them they yell and hide [​IMG] till (i think it's a he) settles down on the floor. Inevitably he will have landed a few good drops on the others and puff his chest out strutting around the coop like Yeah, Buddy! [​IMG] I haven't seen any problems with his pooping, so all I'm left with is the question "Does he who poops with the greatest aim rule the roost?" [​IMG]

2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I've owned chickens since I was ten...so for five years. And I've had probably 300 go through my hands since that time, and nothing like that has ever happened.

Maybe you have some special ones!

1 person likes this.
  3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Never heard of that one! How old are they and how big is their coop?

4. MamaKitty913

MamaKitty913 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2013
    Northrenbornlanow
    Yes special allright, as in little yellow bus! They are 22 days old it started when I moved them into the bigger brooder (3.5 x 5) and it's only the Black Spanish White Face that seems to do it. He's very pushy when I open the brooder door puffs his little chest up and pecks at me as I go to put my hand in so as per the advice here I always "push" a bit back or pick him up after greeting the others. He's a "special" one for sure, at least in his own mind! lol Should / Can I clip his wings at this age?

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    How many bird in the brooder...he may just be wanting some more space....I doubt that they can poop at will.

Not sure how young you can clip, try this:
    advanced search>titles only>clipping chicks wings

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by