head back on shoulders chick

blueskylen

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
WV
Hi,
I have a 2 day old chick that keep laying its head back on its shoulders and looking up. When i got the chicks yesterday, i didn't think that it would make it, but i got it to start drinking and then eating.
it wil stand up and go backwards for a few steps and then it will put its head down and be normal until it lays down and then its head goes on its back again.
will this chick make it or is there something that I can do?
The rest of them are doing great - no dead ones or deaths so far - ordered from Ideal.
thanks for any suggestions!
Mary

It sounds like a vitamin deficiency. First thing is , are you sure your feed is fresh.
Then I would suggest a couple drops liquid children's vitamins once a day for 3 or 4 days to see if it helps.

one kind of vitamins you can use is Poly-vi-sol baby vitamins..brand name: Emfamil.

keep chick hydrated by drops on beak..

hope the chick gets better soon.

The chick ( we call it "upside down chick" ) is getting better each day - today it still is a little wobbly, but is eating and drinking
smile.png
I did have one of the reds die last night - I had no inkling that anything was wrong with it at all.
one of the buff orpingtons is just standing around this morning, and i am not sure what is going on with it yet.
I received 38 chicks on Wed. in all - hoping that no more will die!

Back
Top Bottom