1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Head over heels in love

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LoveeDuckee, Apr 21, 2017.

1. LoveeDuckee

LoveeDuckee New Egg

Apr 21, 2017
    TEXAS
    I just recently, 8 days ago to be exact, added 5 Mallard ducklings to my family. I am in love and must admit quite obsessed with them. They currently have two places to live, inside complete with pool, house, and lots of room to play and outside with a much larger pool and access to grass, bugs, etc. I am very over protective of them only allowing them out of their mobile duck house with supervision. Once grown they will be moved to their permanent home which will be about 1/2 acre of fenced land with a special duck pond built just for them. (Photos to come) I am so glad I found this forum as my little friends have been doing some weird stuff that I am so relieved to find is normal. [​IMG]

2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    [​IMG]

Congrats on your new additions. They're adorable!!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under LoveeDuckee [​IMG] Welcome!

OMG they are so cute!

BYC has a Duck Forum if you have any questions: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

4. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Hi! It's Wicked's Twin Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Welcome Neighbor!
    Congrats on your new babies, they are too cute.

Just wait til you see what some people do for their birds on this site....
    It's all totally normal...I promise.[​IMG]

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]