Head shaking/ twitching ??? French copper maran

LostBoi73

Songster
Jul 2, 2021
United Kingdom
This morning i noticed my 5-6 week old copper maran chick ( my first chick iv hatched since getting back into chickens) lay down on the floor in my coop and her head shaking- twitching a bit like she's trying to dislodge something but not, she we roosting last night on her purch under her mother and was fine, my mum opened up this morning just before i got to them so i dont know if she was on the floor then? But for her to still be in the coop let alone lay down is unusual for her, i went and sorted other animals while my mum investigated and when i got back she said she was ok as she was up. But although now up and walking around she is still head twitching . Not as bad as while lay down but still pretty persistently nonetheless. Any idea's?

Thankyou in advance
James

Can you get a video of her? Upload video to youtube or similar platform and provide a link.

Check her for lice/mites, look inside her ears to make sure there's no infection. Tell us what her crop feels like and get a few photos of her poop.

What do you feed including treats?

Can you get a video of her? Upload video to youtube or similar platform and provide a link.

Check her for lice/mites, look inside her ears to make sure there's no infection. Tell us what her crop feels like and get a few photos of her poop.

What do you feed including treats?
Iv tryed videoing but she keeps buggering off lol. She dose seem a little better and will check tonight for mites but pretty sure we are good as no other signs. She dose seem a little more her self. But her mothervseems to have abandoned her! So wondering if she got a bit of a pecking either from mum or the mother with 6 chicks that she trys to get close to. I will monitor closely

Back
Top Bottom